Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wtf Do I Do!!!!

Wtf Do I Do!!!!

Ok i had a 03 seadoo gtx non supercharged. Winterized it and so on.

I sold it in the winter the guy just calls me and said the machine wasnt winterized right. There was water in the exhaust and the block cracked from this??

Can it be true?

I sold it to him in January he signed a receipt sold as is where is. This machine was MINT not a mark on it. He just calls me today and says if i dont buy it back he is gonna sue me . He signed the receipt though am i safe?
    I dont know what he did with it in 4mnth time frame so help me out guys

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    the BLOCK can't crack.. it's a closed loop cooling system

UNLESS the antifreeze was really old and broke down and was able to reach it's freezing point? UNLIKELY

there's water in ONE place on that ski... the exhaust manifold and the waterbox... WORST case would be cracking the exhaust manifold jacket

something doesn't sound right here...

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    the BLOCK can't crack.. it's a closed loop cooling system

UNLESS the antifreeze was really old and broke down and was able to reach it's freezing point? UNLIKELY

there's water in ONE place on that ski... the exhaust manifold and the waterbox... WORST case would be cracking the exhaust manifold jacket

something doesn't sound right here...
    SEE and i remember you PM me on how to winterize this machine. AND you said MAKE sure when you summerize you pull the plugs and fire the oil out of the pistons THEN start it. WHICH i TOLD the guy before he took it. I i guarantee the guy didnt tell the dealer and the fired it up with the oil in it and thats how it happened!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    there's water in ONE place on that ski... the exhaust manifold and the waterbox... WORST case would be cracking the exhaust manifold jacket.
    Cracked exhaust manifold doesn't sound good at all. What would be the effects of a cracked exhaust manifold? How could you tell if it was cracked or not due to improper winterization?

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
    AND you said MAKE sure when you summerize you pull the plugs and fire the oil out of the pistons THEN start it.
    DeeGee, what do you mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Cracked exhaust manifold doesn't sound good at all. What would be the effects of a cracked exhaust manifold? How could you tell if it was cracked or not due to improper winterization?

yeah im also confised on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post

I sprayed extra fogger into the cylinders. So before i go and fire it up in the summer to pull the plugs and just turn it over to shoot out anything that might be in there.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Either way its been more than 3 months now. THe receipt is sigend and that is a legal document now I believe. He will not sue you for chit, he's just BS'ing you to see if you bend over backwards for him.

When you unplug and take off the 3 coils is it ok to turn the engine over ?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    taking the plugs out and cranking the motor just squeezes out the excess fogging fluid... not mandatory.. but it keeps that initial start up a little more smoke free and from fouling the plugs with nasty fogging oil depending what stuff you or your dealer used...

no way he did damage by just starting the motor after a winterization....

a cracked exhaust manifold? why does that sound horrid? so you put a new manifold on, big deal...

can't say i've ever seen one crack tho from the cold, and i'm pretty far north compared to alot of the forum members.. and work at a dealership with all sorts of stupid locals bringing their neglected crap in for service.

I'll tell ya this...I watch too much people's court on my lunch breaks at work. If you have on the receipt "as is" you're fine. If you don't then it's still been a few months, he doesn't have a leg to stand on because he accepted the ski and didn't do anything to this point. For all you know the dealer was negligent and cracked it all up on him and are not wanting to foot the bill. He really has no legal leg to stand on.

The only way he can get you by the balls is to prove in some way that you gave some type of guarentee or warranty on the machine.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information