Going to check out Kawasaki 15F 2004

I'm going to check out a 15F with 10 hours on it and no warrenty. Asking price is 6500. Couple of questions. What should I check out when i see the ski. The person that owns it says that he did not winterize it because he kept it in a heated garraige. What should I look for? Should I do a compression check? Any help would be appreicieated. Thanks.

Most definitely do a compression check. Make sure to have the right plug wrench and a pair of plyers. The plugs are deep. Also check the overall condition, rust, scrapes, scratches etc. Hook up to hose and start. Lsiten for vibrations etc. 4 stroke is quiet compared to 2 stroke on land. Then take it for a ride. Make sure to warm up first. Be aware of cavitation at take off. If not comfortable with this take it to a dealer of your choice. 6500 seems a little high today. I bought my 04 w/ 4 hrs last year for 6400. Does the 6500 include trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrunner View Post
    I'm going to check out a 15F with 10 hours on it and no warrenty. Asking price is 6500. Couple of questions. What should I check out when i see the ski. The person that owns it says that he did not winterize it because he kept it in a heated garraige. What should I look for? Should I do a compression check? Any help would be appreicieated. Thanks.
    just cause it was in a heated garage, doesn't mean you don't have to winterize it. You only don't have to worry about water freezing in the exhaust. But he probably didn't fog the motor. I bet it's okay though. But definitely talk him down.

Thanks for the information.

Thread Information