Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Angry 05 Rxp Stage 3 Disaster

Thanks guys for all the help. Seadoo tech confirmed in cylinder #3 i have lost all compression. My stage 3 kit(from a stage 1) lasted a whole 5 minutes on a new head and valves. Ran a bad Riva Ecu for 10 min and had to send it and throttle body back. Slammed the new stuff in and the damage was done already, it ran lean i believe. If anybody wants this POS let me know, they are pulling the head to check the extent of the damage tomarrow(per Riva) but it sounds like i need a short block, anyone got one they will sell? I have spent hours and well over $20k in this ski and upgrades and for a whole 5-10 min of ride time. I am so done, i wish i could describe what i am feeling. The only good news is Riva said they would help get the boat back up if indeed it was a lean(ECU) issue. We will see

that sucks man

Man Im real sorry to hear that. I know how u feel, I was in that same position with my show truck, it gave me so many headaches that I pulled the trigger and sold it. But man sorry to hear.

How did you come to the conclusion it was a bad ECU? When you say new head and valves, is it possible something was done incorrect on assembly?
    Really sorry to hear...that phukin sucks

are you parting out? ill take some things off your chest

Quote Originally Posted by BlaZinMJ View Post
    are you parting out? ill take some things off your chest
    What a chump! She's still hooked up to life support and you're ready for her to be an organ donor!

Wannabe...I'm hoping for the best and that it was the ECU because that's pretty good that RIVA will fix it for you if it was the ECU. Hang in there...I've had days like that too.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing 80 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the help. Seadoo tech confirmed in cylinder #3 i have lost all compression. My stage 3 kit(from a stage 1) lasted a whole 5 minutes on a new head and valves. Ran a bad Riva Ecu for 10 min and had to send it and throttle body back. Slammed the new stuff in and the damage was done already, it ran lean i believe. If anybody wants this POS let me know, they are pulling the head to check the extent of the damage tomarrow(per Riva) but it sounds like i need a short block, anyone got one they will sell? I have spent hours and well over $20k in this ski and upgrades and for a whole 5-10 min of ride time. I am so done, i wish i could describe what i am feeling. The only good news is Riva said they would help get the boat back up if indeed it was a lean(ECU) issue. We will see
    I'm very sorry to hear this. I got your voice mail today. Sorry i couldn't take your call. I have been slammed at work all day.

+1

Well Guys

I have had soo many problems with this ski, a new head, valves twice etc from a ****ty seadoo dealer that messed stuff up. They put this head on so RXPSteve it could very well be some thing they did or didn't do. Problem is, i called and told them about it(today) and there response was " well we didn't touch the bottom end" so it's not our fault. Before that they accidently let it ingest a clamp into the supercharger destroying the head and valves. Thats how i wound up with a new head and valves to start with. Need less to say i have a friend at another place that looked at it today. And is going to check into it and work with Riva on it, or at least thats my understanding. I have to pay for labor$$$$$ but probaly not parts if it was the ecu...It was either let a dealer mess with it and try to recoup some back or eat it all...IF and this is a big IF, the MF'er ever runs again i am going to beat on it lit a red headed step child, hell i can't stop now i have already got way WAYYYY to much money in this POS...When it runs it is for sale, but i would entertain offers on it when they tell exaclty whats going on in the next day or so...

+1

Run time

Just a usless piece of info but when we swapped out OEm ECU to Riva i got a print out of the run time. WOT was 15 min and a majority was around the 4500 range, i baby my ski's. Apparently, i am snake bit with this ski. Jerry no problem about the call i just wanted to let you know what was going on. I will PM you with parts i need in the next few days. Maybe you have some used parts too! Any help is greatly appreciated from everyone, thanks again guys for lendin an ear

+1
    I have a piston you are more than welcome to have. Unfortunately i don't have much else as far as used parts go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information