Polaris SLT750 Impeller Noise w/Video

OK I have installed my new 3 outlet fuel pump and taken the advice to prime the carbs before starting(much easier starts without nasty starter fluid) I got a new battery, I have most of the quirks fixed on this ski except the noise I am hearing from the impeller, if thats what the noise is, I dont know if its the engine pinging or if its form the impeller rubbing against the jet pump housing? So I am attaching a link to the video, (the file is pretty big) but the audio is decent and at the end when I kill the engine you can hear it in the run on of the shaft, it sounds like a little pinging noise. I dont now if this is normal when it isnt in the water. I took the grate off and here is noting stuck and the jet housing isnt obviously chewed up, the impeller is showing a fair amount of wear but not to the point where it is disintigrating. Anyway if anyone can tell me if it sounds normal, I am going to put the sucker in the water next week, even though it went from 85 degrees a day ago to 42 degrees today, Utah is a bitch that way, and see if it sounds normal and has good power under load. I also have a few questions about where some tunes go that go to the front of the ski, but thats another thread. Thanks for any replies or advice.

Link(copy and paste if needed)

http://www.utahlightscameraauction.com/IMGP0116.MOV
    Last edited by utahnewbie; 05-04-2007 at 01:09 AM. Reason: wrong URL

I could not get video to play????

+1
    Nor could I.

+1
    I got it to play and it sounds normal. They do sound like a box of rocks out of the water.

+1
    It actually sounds VERY good, I'd make sure the intermediate bearing and coupler are lubricated.
    You have to wait for about a minute until the file loads, it opened with quickwhatever it is.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Looks like a cell phone video, quick time player plug-in is needed. What noise? That's nothing. Pretty quiet for being out of the water.

Thanks, I dont know what sounds normal. I did lube the shaft in both zerk spots, is there any lubrication at the end of the jet pump that is needed? Sorry about the big file, it is a Quicktime video from my digital camera, a 27 MB file so if you have dial up forget about watching it. I am super thankful for all the help I have gotten on this site. I have just have a few questions about where some clear tubes go, there is one that goes to what looks like a black rubber drain under the hatch, then there is one that goes up under the hatch itself, it has a broken tip in it and was just dangling. they go all the way from the front to the back of the hull, I see where one should go to the bottom plug ( which had a broken tip but I found a new plug at a local shop ($20 what a rip) and then the other that goes to the back has a broken black tip in it and I have no clue where it goes. These are the smaller diameter clear tubes that run from fron to back. I cant find anything in the service manual as to where these all go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

+1
    I'd say one is the vent for the battery.

+1
    The other would be a fuel tank vent?

Thread Information