Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Rideplate Bolt Insert

I have one rideplate bolt insert that is spinning. I have the entire insert out and I am wondering what the best way to secure it back down into the hull. I know Osidebill made some plates that permantley fixes the problem, but I am riding this weekend and don't have the time to do it that way. What about some marine-tex or something similar? Any suggestions????? Thanks.

+1
    If you just need it fixed for the weekend use silicone to seal it and hold the insert with a pair of vise grips while you tighten the bolt. Some antiseize will make removing all the easier. Get the brackets in there from Oside ASAP. IMO there is not enough surface area for the amount of force being applied to the plate. My .02

+1
    I plan on testing different ride plates this weekend so I would like to use something that will hold for a while. Using vice grips all weekend would suck, but if I have to, I will. You would know that it is the far back one, under the exhaust outlet!!

+1
    Brandon,
    I used one from a GPR and cut it to fit. check my signature and follow my link to Hydros site and there is a PDF of the repair I did. it is a permanent solution to the poorly designed POS Yamaha started with. It is about a half day of work to do both sides but you never have to worry again.

Addicted spun one too, if they are the same as the Raider i can send you one no charge, but I dont think it will get there this weekend.....I wish I was going that way this weekend, I would just drop it off..let me know if you think they are the same, I just re-read your post, sorry , I thought it was the pump insert......we dont have inserts for the rideplate
    Last edited by BULLRAIDER; 05-04-2007 at 09:47 AM.

+1
    Bill, I may get around to doing that one day, but I don't have time before this weekend. I am testing that rideplate and the weather is going to be good. I bought some epoxy from West Marine, it comes in two sirenges and causes cancer, so it has got to be some good stuff. Hopefully it will get me by for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    I bought some epoxy from West Marine, it comes in two sirenges and causes cancer, so it has got to be some good stuff.
    hahaha

+1
    it comes in two sirenges and causes cancer, so it has got to be some good stuff.

It only causes cancer in lab rats in California. You are safe in TX.

+1
    Oh yeah, thanks for the clarification. The area that I live in located in Southeast Texas is called the "Golden Triangle". The air here has some of the highest carcinogen levels in the country, and I have yet to figure out what is so "Golden" about it. There is nothing here other than chemical plants, refineries and Mesquitos that are large enough to fu*k a turkey flat footed.

+1
    Bill, I may get around to doing that one day, but I don't have time before this weekend. I am testing that rideplate and the weather is going to be good. I bought some epoxy from West Marine, it comes in two sirenges and causes cancer, so it has got to be some good stuff. Hopefully it will get me by for a while.
    I hope all goes well with the plate you are definitely a Pioneer on this one. I have quite a collection of those brass inserts I have replaced them in most of my skis.

If you noticed one larger hole in that rideplate, that was there when I bought my ski the guy had a bolt run through from the top and a nut on the ride plate all held in with silicone what an idiot!! the threads from the bolt were hanging below the rideplate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information