Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    you stated in your frst post that you lost a cylinder do to a fuel problem. have you ever thought of putting on a 780 fuel pump on it. i heard that this should take care of your problem. i'll give you a great deal on one. right now they are 20% off retail. with this fuel pump you shouldn't need a primer.

+1
    Well T has become quite the new Factory trained Polaris Guru I see.
    First off he didn't say he lost the cylinder due to fuel, just that it was low.
    He already has the high volume pump installed on his craft as a parts guy, you and your training should know that.

Now why did the tech ask him to add a primer when the compression was low?? Easier starts. T as well as everybody else on this board knows when you start losing compression and the pulse starts getting a little weak the pump is not as affective at drawing the fuel up to the carbs.

A little squirt from the primer and wala, you will get a faster start IF the primer kit is installed correctly.

Of course T's joke is he thinks we throw the 780 high output pump on everything with a fuel problem. Too bad you didn't get on-line and participate in the debate, you may have learned something and seen another point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by tcboss429 View Post
    I had low compression in one cylinder. Since then, the thing has gotten increasingly harder and harder to start. Once I get it started it runs excellent.
    Al Don't be so hard on polarispartsman I think he is just having fun with this. When you think about it, It is pretty funny. I think Beerdarts 3" fuel line will help.

Now as far as this statement comes from you...

"Now why did the tech ask him to add a primer when the compression was low?? Easier starts. T as well as everybody else on this board knows when you start losing compression and the pulse starts getting a little weak the pump is not as affective at drawing the fuel up to the carbs."

Depending on which cyl. the pulse line is on tells the diaphram in the pump how much movement to do. yes low compression on the cyl with the pulse line will make pump work in effectively. But if it is another cylinder this will have no affect on the pump. Thus the pump does a pump of fuel to the carbs.

Sounds like if the unit had low compression on all the cylinders needs a new set of rings. I guess i have never had to put a primer kit on a stock boat but what do I know I'm just a fri cook. Ding Fries are done. Luv ya AL. Have a nice day.

+1
    [quote=tcboss429;270694]I had low compression in one cylinder, person fixing it suggested I have him install a primer to replace the factory choke
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    First off he didn't say he lost the cylinder due to fuel, just that it was low.
    He already has the high volume pump installed on his craft as a parts guy, you and your training should know that.

Of course T's joke is he thinks we throw the 780 high output pump on everything with a fuel problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4stroker View Post
    Al Don't be so hard on polarispartsman I think he is just having fun with this.
    I wasn't. I had a smiley AND I even said........well just read the quote avove^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like if the unit had low compression on all the cylinders needs a new set of rings.
    Well Shake man, he doesn't state which cylinder it is and assuming they are ALL low when he states one, isn't correct. Yes I'm guessing as to which cylinder it is BUT it's based on his Polaris trained mechanics advise. Maybe we'll have to call this one a draw?

I guess i have never had to put a primer kit on a stock boat but what do I know I'm just a fri cook. Ding Fries are done. Luv ya AL. Have a nice day.
    I've never HAD to install a primer kit either, I have and I do because I want the improvement.

Oh and you're not just any FRY cook, I hear you've actually won awards for your performance on the job.

By the way, I thought it was pretty funny as well, I even called to say so.

Craft Who told you.....Well now that you know I will have to show you a good photo at the awards event I was at. The tuffest Fri cook in Beaver Falls Wouldn't ya say.

Quote Originally Posted by polarispartsman View Post
    with this fuel pump you shouldn't need a primer.

I sure need my three primers with my 780 pump! but usually only when it's in the water

Edit I missed page 2 of this mess! never mind! Z
    Last edited by ZMANN; 05-03-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: MOP UP

+1
    Craft Who told you.....Well now that you know I will have to show you a good photo at the awards event I was at. The tuffest Fri cook in Beaver Falls Wouldn't ya say.

Man o Man, Richie's gonna be pissed when he sees you tried passing off a pic of him as yourself!!!!

+1

I know somebody, who knows somebody. who knows somebody, who has a son, who has a daughter, who has a son, who's Friends nephew works with you.

Uh huh Mariusz "Pudzian" Pudzianowski

4stroker

4 stroker what do they put in those shakes where you work i would like to get some of that stuff never knew you were so buff, do you do polotties??? or power 90?? and is AL YOUR WORKOUT PARTNER ?

+1
    Oh my lorrrdy, I'm pretty sure this post has been jacked.
    boss, you still there? Us children have been messin' with your post while you've been away.
    Give a shout when you know more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information