Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Well Fellas... besides UPS messing up my blower upon delivery my chipping the discharge hat.... the shop said its unrepairable so I will be buy a new unit this weekend...fml its always something.Once its strapped on Ill be finishing up my setup.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I would be chasing the person who DIDNT wrap it well enough...........they should be replacing it for you.............

I got UPS to replace it, It will be landing today .Needless to say I'm pretty stoked about it.

Happy Monday everyone,

Well its been ages since I have been on the water due to me having to purchase a new supercharger.
    This weekend I hit the water with my new supercharger, new straight through exhaust, Forge Dv valve (makes a cool sound too lol)and finally some Riva Sponsons and Twin Prop reinstalled. So let me first say I was on the ski for about 2-3min before the exhaust coupler blew out ..not in it came undone but as in it blew a few holes in it....cheap none sense smh. Before it blew out I was seeing 19.5# of boost in 88 degree weather. The ski finally rips, makes the boost I have been expecting. I have some couplers made for diesel trucks coming this week that are rated for 100psi so I'll be putting her together as soon as the goodies are in. I can tell everyone this, its much faster than it has ever run. 14ish# to near 20# is a significant difference . I'm still trying to catch a little luck w this damn thing lol...always something
    My bud has the same setup as me and his ski is moving north of 78mph and its setup for ocean riding still. Ill be posting a complete list of mods and speeds and weather conditions when I can get this thing in running order.

hi guys ,
    I know its been ages but I ham having an issue, 4 k my ski goes so lean it will cut off on me no matter how heavy I am on the throttle. The af goes so so lean right at 4k . there have been no changes to my ski since then ... hell I'm at 50 hours... yes she has been sitting a bit

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    what type of fuel? is it possible injectors have gummed up from sitting?

+1
    You're refering to the "forge DV" as your blow off valve correct? Ill say this out of my own experience. I know you had it running before but id check there first. Kawi has their BOV setup so it closes VERY slow, IMO so it'll holeshot and not blow the prop off REALLY bad. I had a tial on mine with a standalone ecu and could make it run no problem. I left the tial on and tried to break a new motor in on the stock ecu and ran into the same issue you're having. The stock ecu fuel map is WAY different with the slower closing BOV. I literally could not even get the ski on plane.

I think i remember you had a fuel controller and could be totally off but its an easy swap, throw the stock one back on for a minute to rule that out.

I put brand new fuel in it so I don't think it the injectors....

Yes that the DV I currently have. I'll try the stock one next time I go out . I unplugged the PCV to see if that was the culprit and I got the same thing. Ill try a stock one this weekend. Thank for the insight bro. its just odd to me that it seems perfect as I'm rolling into the throttle and once she gets to 4k the AF goes so lean it wants to shut off...

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicepticon View Post
    I put brand new fuel in it so I don't think it the injectors....

Yes that the DV I currently have. I'll try the stock one next time I go out . I unplugged the PCV to see if that was the culprit and I got the same thing. Ill try a stock one this weekend. Thank for the insight bro. its just odd to me that it seems perfect as I'm rolling into the throttle and once she gets to 4k the AF goes so lean it wants to shut off...
    check the fuel pressure as well, its unlikely but possible.

Sean

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread Information