Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I figured it would shred the belt over time from the constant on off throttle inputs...but I was hoping someone tried it and didn't just throw out the idea over speculation. I'm having a bit of fun currently along with some frustration lol but hey that's modding for u . People can flame me ,knock me or hate on me but at the end of the day I'm confident I will build this ski to run exactly the way I like it. I'm looking into the valve train more aggressively now as I'm getting closer to having all the parts that will most likely cause some valve float after 8200 or so...while I'm in there cams will be installed lol. Being realistic top end work is a month away. even though I am modifying the ski I'm definitely trying to keep it as safe as possible. I really think the meth is going to extract some of the heat from the head..she does get hot in this area not to mention make the blower a bit more efficient.
    As far as the big bore stroker combo..its not out the cards but It could be in time.I'm not sure how much space we have between the liners , I do know we can run +2mm in bore on the zx14 and still be reliable and with the crank we are looking at around 1580cc or so... the amount of torque with 140ishcc doesn't justify the additional power and torque for the cost not to mention the decrease in potential reliability, but I like the way you think lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicepticon View Post
    @ MWHC RD is one place with the Ti intakes, I may ask some of the guys in the motorcycle industry like APE, Schnitz,Vance and Hines, etc..... as far as the idler ..I thought the same thing but I have a 85mm one now which I'm hoping to be ok. I wish there was a cog pulley setup for our skis

@Shore , yep 15# stock is what both my skies make , actually 14.5 with stock intake setup, 15# with my ghetto rig lol
    I have a set of titanium valves

Antonyuk your the man!!!! I'm assuming you have retainers and springs too?

+1
    How much for the valves

HMMMM,,, A Whipple 1.6l twin screw maybe able to be fabbed up.... waiting on some diagrams to see if an inlet and mounting bracket can. If I can make It work it would definitely be superior to our TVS units. Not that they are bad they are actually great for this application in stock form. The iats will be drastically reduced , more cfm, more boost in reserve if needed. The only down fall which isn't a big deal is fabing up brackets and pulleys also not having it liquid cooled . This puppy on a high compression (10:5) built bottom end on corn at 25#+ will be devastatingly quick ! i'm salivating

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHC View Post
    How much for the valves
    dimensions of valves similar to STX-15F and Ultra 250/260/300/310
    It is made of titanium alloy with a heat-resistant coating
    tested for auto and motorcycle racing
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-STX...MAAOSwX~dWmM9D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicepticon View Post
    HMMMM,,, A Whipple 1.6l twin screw maybe able to be fabbed up.... waiting on some diagrams to see if an inlet and mounting bracket can. If I can make It work it would definitely be superior to our TVS units. Not that they are bad they are actually great for this application in stock form. The iats will be drastically reduced , more cfm, more boost in reserve if needed. The only down fall which isn't a big deal is fabing up brackets and pulleys also not having it liquid cooled . This puppy on a high compression (10:5) built bottom end on corn at 25#+ will be devastatingly quick ! i'm salivating
    reduce the temperature slightly
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger.jpg 
Views:	279 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	384088   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger 1.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	384089   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger 2.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	384090   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger 021.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	384091   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger 023.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	384092   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charger 024.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	384093  

8. +1 by:

GZA

The saga continues.....

Kudus to Glen over at Rd to send me my ecu and 18# pulley on Friday so I can toss on the pulley and plug in the ecu before I hit the water this weekend. Saturday night I finally get to work on the ski by 10:30pm and once I install the pulley there was a tremendous amount of slack on the belt ...even with my 86mm tensioner wheel.....ugh. So by looking on the net I'm able to find a 90mm pulley with the 17mm bearing at Autozone located a few min from my house , 9am Sunday morning I shoot over and snag one up for $20 and install it and boom she's a perfect fit . If anyone would like the part number I can post it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to do any tuning since I had to hit the ocean instead of my tuning lake/canals but I can tell you this, The Twin Skat is bad to the bone!!!!! bad bad bad!!! The ski rips out the hole and over waves with the utmost ease. She feels like a MX 2stroke now when negotiating waves. I don't know about max rpm or speed number yet but I can tell you that its a massive improvement in hookup and acceleration. The fastest I was able to see was 51mph in the ocean and no clue about boost just yet , I honestly never went more than 1/2 throttle and still was amazed how this mod transformed the feeling of the 310r.
    hopefully I will receive my 02 plate this week so I can get onto the lake and dial her in with and post my findings.

+1
    Smaller pulley and dual prop.... thought it hit good from the bottom before untill you try that combo

I'm sure she would hit hard on the stock pulley but I never tried it, but now it feels like 300Lb lighter craft. The urgency to accelerate is just intoxicating. Hoping to get her dialed in this weekend. while cruising at light throttle inputs I felt it rich since it would breakup a bit as I eased into a bit more throttle then take of so I have some tuning to do.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information