Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicepticon View Post
    The saga continues.....

Kudus to Glen over at Rd to send me my ecu and 18# pulley on Friday so I can toss on the pulley and plug in the ecu before I hit the water this weekend. Saturday night I finally get to work on the ski by 10:30pm and once I install the pulley there was a tremendous amount of slack on the belt ...even with my 86mm tensioner wheel.....ugh. So by looking on the net I'm able to find a 90mm pulley with the 17mm bearing at Autozone located a few min from my house , 9am Sunday morning I shoot over and snag one up for $20 and install it and boom she's a perfect fit . If anyone would like the part number I can post it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to do any tuning since I had to hit the ocean instead of my tuning lake/canals but I can tell you this, The Twin Skat is bad to the bone!!!!! bad bad bad!!! The ski rips out the hole and over waves with the utmost ease. She feels like a MX 2stroke now when negotiating waves. I don't know about max rpm or speed number yet but I can tell you that its a massive improvement in hookup and acceleration. The fastest I was able to see was 51mph in the ocean and no clue about boost just yet , I honestly never went more than 1/2 throttle and still was amazed how this mod transformed the feeling of the 310r.
    hopefully I will receive my 02 plate this week so I can get onto the lake and dial her in with and post my findings.
    Ahhh that twin prop hits hard like a cement truck right??..Ha Ha ...what pitches 16/19-16/21 ?...shhh don't tell anybody on GreenHulk...JK

Just wondering with your unlimited budget how come you just didn't go Turbo and just the internal upgrades,R&D sells the kit with all the hardware and can control boost ,it's been a proven concept that can out run a supercharged Ultra and will put you at 80 mph for sure..

just asking Bro

Hells yes ! Hits like a raped ape lol It really feels like it lost a few hundred pounds , best mod so far . Its currently 16/19,16/19. Naw people on Greenhulk only want top speed and a Twin prop would never push an Ultra over 70 lol.
    I wish it wasn't limited , I've been doing really well at work so I figure I might as well get my feet wet(no pun intended ) with my first PWC build . I've done cars and bikes in the past ..As far as the turbo goes... ehhh idk. I have had some turbo cars in the past and yes they are fun and powerful but I like the immediate response of a supercharger. Sheet lets compound this thing lol . But back to reality , once its dialed in with my current setup I'll assess the fun factor and start getting ready for the cams and valve train. Once I can come up something as far as an inlet ,outlet and mounting brackets for the Whipple then I'll tear her down and build the bottom and necessary cooling lines to keep it in one piece. If I don't go the twin screw route due to complications in developing the parts I need to make it work , I'll see if I can find a TVS1650 to bolt on since it shares the same casing as ours which is a 1320. Im in the process of looking for the step down ratio on our unit btw...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicepticon View Post
    The saga continues.....

Kudus to Glen over at Rd to send me my ecu and 18# pulley on Friday so I can toss on the pulley and plug in the ecu before I hit the water this weekend. Saturday night I finally get to work on the ski by 10:30pm and once I install the pulley there was a tremendous amount of slack on the belt ...even with my 86mm tensioner wheel.....ugh. So by looking on the net I'm able to find a 90mm pulley with the 17mm bearing at Autozone located a few min from my house , 9am Sunday morning I shoot over and snag one up for $20 and install it and boom she's a perfect fit . If anyone would like the part number I can post it.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to do any tuning since I had to hit the ocean instead of my tuning lake/canals but I can tell you this, The Twin Skat is bad to the bone!!!!! bad bad bad!!! The ski rips out the hole and over waves with the utmost ease. She feels like a MX 2stroke now when negotiating waves. I don't know about max rpm or speed number yet but I can tell you that its a massive improvement in hookup and acceleration. The fastest I was able to see was 51mph in the ocean and no clue about boost just yet , I honestly never went more than 1/2 throttle and still was amazed how this mod transformed the feeling of the 310r.
    hopefully I will receive my 02 plate this week so I can get onto the lake and dial her in with and post my findings.
    tensioner wheel 90 mm
    will not work
    There is no space to install due to bolt 19 to lift tensioner
    You can use a short belt
    Gates 6PK 843
    Gates 6PK 840

4. +1 by:

the 90mm works like a charm , instead of using a 19mm socket to pivot the tensioner I used an open end 19mm wrench. I removed the upcharge pipe from the blower to the intercooler, then put the apply the wrench to the bolt and man beast it towards me and slip on the belt .
    If you only have a ratchet and socket then yes the 90mm wont work unless a thin walled socket is used.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    to achieve CORRECT tension in needs a shorted belt

7. +1 by:

I maybe out of spec as far as tension goes but it would be out of spec by maybe a bit much.. either way she performed flawlessly last weekend. This weekend I will be performing some serious tuning , I will be following up with my results . Cheers fellas!!

wow you definitely have more mods than anybody I have seen on the forum before ! I am very impressed by your use of the Y pipe for an air mod!

+1
    Any weekend updates?

Good afternoon guys. I was able to get onto the water Sunday for a little test and tune. Big Kudos to Wayne @ ImpactSports to get my the a/f plate as quick as he did... very very clever design considering the way our exhaust systems are engineered.

To recap what I will be riding/tuning this weekend :
    *"18# super charger pulley
    *90mm tensioner wheel
    *RD reflash ecu 100oct tune
    *Scom
    *BOV blockoff plate- Adj bov on stand by in the event it makes "too" much boost
    *New sparkplugs
    *Remove second water box
    *Gut the main water box
    *Cleaned intercooler
    *Riva ride plate
    *RD intake grate
    *1 degree wedge
    *340lph fuel pump
    *Fuel pressure at 65#
    *Power Commander
    *Air mods (a real good one too lol)
    *Skat Twin prop 16/19 drive and inducer ---may end having to repitch it once the motor is dialed in
    *valve cover modded for second catch can to assist in removing any crank case pressure caused my more boost and rpm
    *93/e85 blend 25%- 1 can Torco
    *Fresh Motul 300v
    ** no meth until the a/f is dialed in**

So this is the story this weekend. I get out on the water and the a/f gauge is working just fine . I see the a/f at idle is around 12.20ish...far rich ,most throttle inputs sub 40% were around this number. So I started removing fuel until I got my idle and light part throttle input to 14.7-13.8. This took me all of 3 minutes and my a/f gauge stopped working. I didn't get to tear it down yet to find out the culprit but I'm guessing its on me during the install..I'll tear into it Wednesday night and post my findings. If installed properly the plate will work as intended but I have to figure it our first. By looking at my fuel map up to 40% and having my last outings fuel map on hand ,it was clear as day with my additional fuel pressure I'm around 15% too rich. I'm assuming it was flashed to be run at stock fp (55#) as I'm at 65#. With the sensor not working I decided to reduce the remaining portion of the fuel map -13%-15% until 80%-100%. The latter fields I reduced it -7%up to 7750 and -5% 8000-9000rpm to play it safe until I get the a/f gauge working properly. To add insult in injury my mechanical boost gauge stopped working !! Its 3 weeks old..salt water must have blessed it smh... so I have no idea what boost it pulls but this is my findings. Does anyone have a way to water proof these things? I silicone the rim around the face but...that wasn't too effective lol.

This is what I got fellas.. no great data just yet , trust me I know I'm dying to get this thing dialed in. I wish I had more than one day a week to work on it and tune but it is what it is .

*45 hrs on ski
    *90 degrees / 82 degrees water temp /60% humidity
    *Full tank of fuel
    *Rider 195
    -idle to wot its quick. I leave my socom only boat for dead ...3+ boats to 45mph and pulling
    -25mph -55mph - fast much faster ( love this prop!!!)
    -Max Rpm I turned consistently was 8250-8270(no gps on hand), but it gets there soooo quick. It takes hundreds of feet less to get to top speed now not to mention its still pig rich as I ate through a tank far quicker than the other ski that was being ridden by friends and to be honest they ham fist it far more than I'm currently due to not being 100% about the state of tune.
    ** ugh handling is crap without sponsons with the Riva Plate- much needed**

Next outing will be this upcoming weekend and I'll have a new boost gauge, hopefully the a/f plate will be taken care of on Wednesday. I'm having fun with the project but I'm a bit inpatient since I have had a few issues slowing my progress but hey that's tuning for you. Ill report what I find Wednesday and if I can get on the water sooner I will report my findings

following week additions : adj fpr, sponsons (maybe), meth if the a/f plate issue is resolved , shorter sc belt

I assure you many have far more than I do , you must have a fair amount yourself since your name is N02fed310r. The Y pipe is bar far the ghettoest mod I have done but its effective.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information