Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

The Kawicepticon Saga

Some of you may be familiar with my current build as I was posting in another thread about supercharger pulley options so I have decided to start my own thread that's tailored around what I'm trying to accomplish. My goal is not to have a top speed queen but more so a craft that will rip out the hole or off buoys with as much authority as possible.

I have a 14' 310r @ 40hrs With a Scom and air mods in the Florida heat she turns 7950-8000 all day in fresh water . GPS 72.5-73 every time depending on the fuel load..pretty good for the heat and humidity . How ever when its 65 degrees and water temps sub 70 degrees out I have spun as high as 8150 and have gone 75mph but consistently 8050-8100 @ 74.xx. This was with 3 bars of fuel trim 1 up from neutral . I weigh 195 currently.

The list of parts that follows was all added at one time:

*"20#" super charger pulley 106mm/ AMG alloy ( awesome material and quality)
    *Corresponding tensioner wheel W ss bearing /AMG alloy
    *Greased supercharger tensioner bushing*
    *BOV blockoff plate
    *New sparkplugs
    *Remove second water box
    *gut the main water box
    *Cleaned intercooler
    *Rive intake grate
    *340lph fuel pump
    *Fuel pressure at 65#
    *Power Commander
    *Air mods (a real good one too lol)
    ..... Well I was anticipating 20# of boost...and I got 15#. All boost numbers are off an Autometer gauge not the stock gauge. Needless to say with all the unnecessary Fuel pressure she was pig rich and I messed up tuning a couple times by letting it idle and destroy the a/f sensor ughh stupid .. I was so annoyed with the amount of boost it slipped my mind.
    That day I was only pulling 7700ish if my memory serves me correctly. So with that being said I checked over everything to make sure there are no leaks and everything seemed to spec out.

*Now I have installed my Skat Twin prop 16/19 both driver and inducer
    *1 degree wedge

Yesterday I spoke with Glen @ RD and he said my 106mm pulley is over 3mm larger than their 16# pulley and will never make more boost than what I made. Sooooo yesterday I had them send the 18# pulley with a 100 octane tune . I will use a blend of either 93/e85 blend (25-33%) to help fight off any detonation since I have to fueling capabilities. I will see how much e85 I can run before swapping in my pink injectors and possible fuel rail. I'm also installing my a meth kit that I will be using that will be spraying into the blower to lower intake charge temps to increase the efficiency of the supercharger since it may be creeping out of its range.

I hope to be on the water this weekend doing some tuning if Glen can get me my ECU and Pulley on Friday.

*My last edition for the time being will be a Riva plate and some sponsons which will be purchased this week and will follow up with my results then.If I can find a Skat mag Pump Ill toss that into the mix as it will be most needed for phase two

*Phase two will be 10:5:1 drop in pistons, Head cleaned up, Titanium intake valves, Iconel ex valves, Ti retainers ,springs ,oil cooler, Possible fabricating the next size tvs blower to the ultra or Vortch and most likely run full e85 . Some say its extreme but this all seems normal to me says the guy with a full carbon e85 drinking ZX10 with a supercharger strapped to it with a fully built motor , but let me get phase one dialed in first lol

To recap what I will be riding/tuning this weekend (fingers crossed) :
    *"18# super charger pulley
    *RD reflash ecu 100oct tune
    *Meth injection
    *Scom
    *BOV blockoff plate- Adj bov on stand by in the event it makes "too" much boost
    *New sparkplugs
    *Remove second water box
    *Gut the main water box
    *Cleaned intercooler
    *RD intake grate
    *340lph fuel pump
    *Fuel pressure at 65#
    *Power Commander
    *Skat Twin prop 16/19 drive and inducer ---may end having to repitch it once the motor is dialed in
    *valve cover modded for second catch can to assist in removing any crank case pressure caused my more boost and rpm
    *93/e85 blend 33%
    *Fresh Motul 300v

*I have another 310r all stock minus the Scom that I will be able to compare the differences the mods made. With my air mod I pull 4 boats with equal weight riders over the course of 1/4 mile from a Dig when my ski only had the Scom and airmods.
    Let the FUN begin!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawicepticon View Post
    Some of you may be familiar with my current build as I was posting in another thread about supercharger pulley options so I have decided to start my own thread that's tailored around what I'm trying to accomplish. My goal is not to have a top speed queen but more so a craft that will rip out the hole or off buoys with as much authority as possible.

I have a 14' 310r @ 40hrs With a Scom and air mods in the Florida heat she turns 7950-8000 all day in fresh water . GPS 72.5-73 every time depending on the fuel load..pretty good for the heat and humidity . How ever when its 65 degrees and water temps sub 70 degrees out I have spun as high as 8150 and have gone 75mph but consistently 8050-8100 @ 74.xx. This was with 3 bars of fuel trim 1 up from neutral . I weigh 195 currently.

The list of parts that follows was all added at one time:

*"20#" super charger pulley 106mm/ AMG alloy ( awesome material and quality)
    *Greased supercharger tensioner bushing*
    *BOV blockoff plate
    *New sparkplugs
    *Remove second water box
    *gut the main water box
    *Cleaned intercooler
    *Rive intake grate
    *340lph fuel pump
    *Fuel pressure at 65#
    *Power Commander
    ..... Well I was anticipating 20# of boost...and I got 15#. All boost numbers are off an Autometer gauge not the stock gauge. Needless to say with all the unnecessary Fuel pressure she was pig rich and I messed up tuning a couple times by letting it idle and destroy the a/f sensor ughh stupid .. I was so annoyed with the amount of boost it slipped my mind.
    That day I was only pulling 7700ish if my memory serves me correctly. So with that being said I checked over everything to make sure there are no leaks and everything seemed to spec out.

*Now I have installed my Skat Twin prop 16/19 both driver and inducer
    *1 degree wedge

Yesterday I spoke with Glen @ RD and he said my 106mm pulley is over 3mm larger than their 16# pulley and will never make more boost than what I made. Sooooo yesterday I had them send the 18# pulley with a 100 octane tune . I will use a blend of either 93/e85 blend (25-33%) to help fight off any detonation since I have to fueling capabilities. I will see how much e85 I can run before swapping in my pink injectors and possible fuel rail. I'm also installing my a meth kit that I will be using that will be spraying into the blower to lower intake charge temps to increase the efficiency of the supercharger since it may be creeping out of its range.

I hope to be on the water this weekend doing some tuning if Glen can get me my ECU and Pulley on Friday.

*My last edition for the time being will be a Riva plate and some sponsons which will be purchased this week and will follow up with my results then.If I can find a Skat mag Pump Ill toss that into the mix as it will be most needed for phase two

*Phase two will be 10:5:1 drop in pistons, Head cleaned up, Titanium intake valves, Iconel ex valves, Ti retainers ,springs ,oil cooler, Possible fabricating the next size tvs blower to the ultra or Vortch and most likely run full e85 . Some say its extreme but this all seems normal to me says the guy with a full carbon e85 drinking ZX10 with a supercharger strapped to it with a fully built motor , but let me get phase one dialed in first lol

To recap what I will be riding/tuning this weekend (fingers crossed) :
    *"18# super charger pulley
    *RD reflash ecu 100oct tune
    *Meth injection
    *Scom
    *BOV blockoff plate- Adj bov on stand by in the event it makes "too" much boost
    *New sparkplugs
    *Remove second water box
    *Gut the main water box
    *Cleaned intercooler
    *RD intake grate
    *340lph fuel pump
    *Fuel pressure at 65#
    *Power Commander
    *Skat Twin prop 16/19 drive and inducer ---may end having to repitch it once the motor is dialed in
    *valve cover modded for second catch can to assist in removing any crank case pressure caused my more boost and rpm
    *93/e85 blend 33%
    *Fresh Motul 300v

*I have another 310r all stock minus the Scom that I will be able to compare the differences the mods made. With my air mod I pull 4 boats with equal weight riders over the course of 1/4 mile from a Dig when my ski only had the Scom and airmods.
    Let the FUN begin!!!
    Wow. That's a lot of stuff going on. Care to elaborate on your air mods ?

Sure thing boss,

I took a 3" "Y" pipe made of thin plastic and stuffed it into the mouth of the velocity stack in the mouth of the airbox, I then connected the two tubes behind the recall plate to the 2 opening of the "Y". This made a obvious difference in acceleration and top speed. I wouldn't recommend it for bashing in the ocean but for 1-3 foot chop its money. I then removed the rubber surround around the handle bars allowing more air to be ingested and it proved to be even better. I gained an average of 1.2mph doing this with a peak of 1.5 a couple of runs. All runs were done in both directions and verified with a Garmin GPS.

I have another idea I may try his weekend and if it works I will share with everyone

like this....yes its ugly as sin but it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where you getting the titanium intake valves and how much those run?

Also does r&d sell a larger idler? Cant see how they couldn't if the charger wheel is that much smaller

+1
    don't they run 15lbs stock?

@ MWHC here is one place with the Ti intakes, I may ask some of the guys in the motorcycle industry like APE, Schnitz,Vance and Hines, etc..... as far as the idler ..I thought the same thing but I have a 85mm one now which I'm hoping to be ok. I wish there was a cog pulley setup for our skis

@Shore , yep 15# stock is what both my skies make , actually 14.5 with stock intake setup, 15# with my ghetto rig lol

@ MWHC RD is one place with the Ti intakes, I may ask some of the guys in the motorcycle industry like APE, Schnitz,Vance and Hines, etc..... as far as the idler ..I thought the same thing but I have a 85mm one now which I'm hoping to be ok. I wish there was a cog pulley setup for our skis

@Shore , yep 15# stock is what both my skies make , actually 14.5 with stock intake setup, 15# with my ghetto rig lol

+1
    I wish there was a cog pulley setup for our skis
    I've been told that this has been tried but doesn't work due to the pounding it gets on and off the throttle. Sounds like you're going to have a heap of fun with this - please don't let the knockers stop you from posting here, there's plenty of us who are interested in seeing how you go!

If you were really keen, what about putting in a stroker crank from APE and then maybe looking onto an 86 or 87mm bore cylinder - there's not replacement for displacement!

@ MWHC here is one place with the Ti intakes, I may ask some of the guys in the motorcycle industry like APE, Schnitz,Vance and Hines, etc..... as far as the idler ..I thought the same thing but I have a 85mm one now which I'm hoping to be ok. I wish there was a cog pulley setup for our skis
    keep an eye on the tensioner.... sounds like you know what to look for but if the pulleys that small Im thinking the idlers going to be pretty close to fully extended and not put enough pressure on the belt. I'm not assuming that, I know it.

cog belt wont last you. come unhooked and land motor decelerates so fast that it will start skipping teeth on the cog and rip the belts to shreds. worked on the 15f's because they didn't hook as hard.

id like to see a larger TVS on there. if you get a big boost vortec on there and run it hard you'll have crank problems due to the amount of tension you'll have to put on the belts to keep them from slipping.... once again, facts not just opinion

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information