Local dealer oil??

My local dealer told me today to use the synthetic oil in my 05 RXP. I told him everything I read said to use the non-syn. He said they use the syn in there new bikes. I just said ok and picked up the non-syn. Anyone hear anything like this before?

they obviously dont know what their talking about...use only synthetic that is jaso(something like that) approved and without friction modifiers. amsoil makes a good one....im sure 1800amsoil4u will chime in soon

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slugo10 View Post
    My local dealer told me today to use the synthetic oil in my 05 RXP. I told him everything I read said to use the non-syn. He said they use the syn in there new bikes. I just said ok and picked up the non-syn. Anyone hear anything like this before?
    They might be using a JASO MA Synthetic that is safe for the supercharger. I do not whose oil they are using though. Quite a few people have been using the AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Motorcycle oil with great results. 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/mcf

Prices listed are Retail. For Preferred Customer Pricing PM, EM or Call me. Save up to 35% off with the preferred customer program.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...n/preferredapp

Sea-Doo

It was the Sea-Doo oil. I even showed the guy on the back of the label for the non-syn it was designed for 4-tech supercharged. He still wanted me to buy the syn.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by slugo10 View Post
    It was the Sea-Doo oil. I even showed the guy on the back of the label for the non-syn it was designed for 4-tech supercharged. He still wanted me to buy the syn.
    I wonder if they changed their formulation on the synthetic oil?

Get a new dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Quite a few people have been using the AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Motorcycle oil with great results. 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil
    I am and have had great results so far. I will buy it again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme DK View Post
    Get a new dealer.
    Exactly ... Seriously, first rule of thumb ... if you haunt this board and read the posts here religiously, you WILL know far more than any dealer and any of his 'technicians'. Trust the info on this board, NOT your dealer. The people on this board eat, sleep, breathe SD 4-tecs ... your dealer and his service people do NOT, and have NO idea of the aftermarket parts out there, how they work, or the impact on your ski. They repair a bazillion different atvs, skis, motorcycles, etc and usually know NOTHING about our skis other than what their repair manual says.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    if you haunt this board and read the posts here religiously, you WILL know far more than any dealer and any of his 'technicians'.
    Agreed. My dealer won't even let me talk to their technicians to get their opinion on anything.

I like my dealer for 2 things.....new PWC models on the showroom floor during the summer and new snowmobiles in the winter.

Thread Information