Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    slugo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gulfport, MS
    Posts
    49

    Local dealer oil??

    My local dealer told me today to use the synthetic oil in my 05 RXP. I told him everything I read said to use the non-syn. He said they use the syn in there new bikes. I just said ok and picked up the non-syn. Anyone hear anything like this before?


  2. #2
    BlaZinMJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Wyomissing, PA/Ocean City, MD
    Posts
    1,063
    they obviously dont know what their talking about...use only synthetic that is jaso(something like that) approved and without friction modifiers. amsoil makes a good one....im sure 1800amsoil4u will chime in soon

  3. #3
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by slugo10 View Post
    My local dealer told me today to use the synthetic oil in my 05 RXP. I told him everything I read said to use the non-syn. He said they use the syn in there new bikes. I just said ok and picked up the non-syn. Anyone hear anything like this before?
    They might be using a JASO MA Synthetic that is safe for the supercharger. I do not whose oil they are using though. Quite a few people have been using the AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Motorcycle oil with great results. 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/mcf

    Prices listed are Retail. For Preferred Customer Pricing PM, EM or Call me. Save up to 35% off with the preferred customer program.
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...n/preferredapp

  4. #4
    slugo10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gulfport, MS
    Posts
    49

    Sea-Doo

    It was the Sea-Doo oil. I even showed the guy on the back of the label for the non-syn it was designed for 4-tech supercharged. He still wanted me to buy the syn.

  5. #5
    800AMSOIL4U's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Posts
    5,024
    +1
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by slugo10 View Post
    It was the Sea-Doo oil. I even showed the guy on the back of the label for the non-syn it was designed for 4-tech supercharged. He still wanted me to buy the syn.
    I wonder if they changed their formulation on the synthetic oil?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cartersville, GA
    Posts
    59
    Get a new dealer.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Quite a few people have been using the AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Motorcycle oil with great results. 10W-40 Motorcycle Oil
    I am and have had great results so far. I will buy it again

  8. #8
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Grand Haven, MI
    Posts
    3,594
    +1
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by extreme DK View Post
    Get a new dealer.
    Exactly ... Seriously, first rule of thumb ... if you haunt this board and read the posts here religiously, you WILL know far more than any dealer and any of his 'technicians'. Trust the info on this board, NOT your dealer. The people on this board eat, sleep, breathe SD 4-tecs ... your dealer and his service people do NOT, and have NO idea of the aftermarket parts out there, how they work, or the impact on your ski. They repair a bazillion different atvs, skis, motorcycles, etc and usually know NOTHING about our skis other than what their repair manual says.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    if you haunt this board and read the posts here religiously, you WILL know far more than any dealer and any of his 'technicians'.
    Agreed. My dealer won't even let me talk to their technicians to get their opinion on anything.

    I like my dealer for 2 things.....new PWC models on the showroom floor during the summer and new snowmobiles in the winter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Called the local dealer today.
    By Doug78 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 08:42 AM
  2. Need BUDS walkthough for local dealer...VTS
    By BoostedH23a1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-31-2008, 06:15 AM
  3. Well... just got back from the local dealer..
    By obzidian in forum Honda Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 11:22 PM
  4. Gay dealer--oil level
    By wakeborder556 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 04:59 PM
  5. Prepared speech for local dealer
    By BertInTexas in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •