Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 06 GPR

+1

06 GPR

I am doing research to start gathering parts for modding. A few things i'm confused about is alot of the technical information i have found refers mainly to the 1200 models.. so my questions are:
    1. When using a cat replacement plate do i need an efi controler and/or sensor emulator? Also, is there anything else that may be needed.
    2. When using the flow control valve (jetworks mod) what else is required? I am aware that the cat needs to be removed to reduce heat but do you also have to replace the plastic resenator with a straight through pipe? Any and all information on these two modifications would be greatly appriciated.
    Also, any information related to hole shot performance is also welcomed because I'm going to start on the low end performance then progress to the upper when i feel as though all has been achieved.
    I'm looking forward to the mudbug event next month and having the chance to see some of this stuff in person. I'm also not to far away from you so i'm sure i'll be doing busniess with you in the future when i can afford to do some high end tuning.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPryan View Post
    I am doing research to start gathering parts for modding. A few things i'm confused about is alot of the technical information i have found refers mainly to the 1200 models.. so my questions are:
    1. When using a cat replacement plate do i need an efi controller and/or sensor emulator? No you don't need an EFI controller with a D-plate. Also a sensor by-pass chip is not really needed. A lot of guys run the Cat temp sensor in the pipe with out problems. I usually solder in a 2k ohm resistor. Also, is there anything else that may be needed.
    2. When using the flow control valve (jetworks mod) what else is required? Jetwork valve, pipe gasket, some hoses and some fittings. Also, I recommend the Fercho method, so a pump strainer plate is needed for water supply to the valve. I am aware that the cat needs to be removed to reduce heat but do you also have to replace the plastic resenator with a straight through pipe? No. On non-ported applications, I recommend to use the stock sound suppression. Any and all information on these two modifications would be greatly appriciated.
    Also, any information related to hole shot performance is also welcomed because I'm going to start on the low end performance then progress to the upper when i feel as though all has been achieved.
    I'm looking forward to the mudbug event next month and having the chance to see some of this stuff in person. I'm also not to far away from you so i'm sure i'll be doing busniess with you in the future when i can afford to do some high end tuning.
    Get yourself a good tach and GPS to monitor rpm and speed readings.

You are off to a good start with the D-plate and Jetworks mod.
    I would also start out with pump plug kit and seal the shoe. Add a 1200 intake grate for safety and hook-up. I strongly suggest installing a tunnel reinforcement for added protection. These modifications along with the Jetworks mod will give you a strong holeshot. You will have to do some air mods, and a few other little tricks to turn an aftermarket prop. The Dynafly 14/20 is a good choice IMO.

An aftermarket ride plate would also be a great investment. Better top speed and handling, especially on smooth water. I work with Jim at Performance PWC, and recommend his R&D modified ride plates.

All of the above modifications do not necessarily require an EFI controller, and should get your craft to 70+ mph.

Send me a PM with your phone number and we can set up a time to talk more about these mods, your budget, and the parts you might want to purchace.

Rich

+1
    Thanks again for the call Rich extremely helpful.. Another question though.. Are both of the electronic plugs in the pipe temp sensors?

+1
    Thanks again for the call Rich extremely helpful.. Another question though.. Are both of the electronic plugs in the pipe temp sensors?

Good talking to you Ryan

Yes. The one in the upper part of the pipe is the exhaust temp sensor, and the one in the lower near the waterbox is the water temp sensor.

+1
    Welcome to the forum Ryan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Ryan

Thanks alot RX951 .. I've seen your pics and work.. very nice.. looking very forward to meeting you at the bug

+1
    So with out some kind of sensor on the exit side of the motor there is no way for the efi to determine what needs to be done to be more efficient. What I mean is a car has a O2 sensor and can react if the car is running rich or lean.. so on the gp without having this kind of readings the efi works similar to a carb just will a little more efficiency?

+1
    So with out some kind of sensor on the exit side of the motor there is no way for the efi to determine what needs to be done to be more efficient. What I mean is a car has a O2 sensor and can react if the car is running rich or lean.. so on the gp without having this kind of readings the efi works similar to a carb just will a little more efficiency?
    Its a great deal easier to tune with the controller then carbs are. I have the scapes to prove that! Looking at the inside of the exhaust system of the 1300and looking in mine they are alot more efficient. The 1300 is almost completely clean. Also cold starting and idling are greatly improved. It would be better if the system had a learning type brain but I think the 2 stroke oil prohibits the O2 sensor.

+1
    From what I have learned, the EFI system on these boats is very similar to a basic Alpha N type injection system that relies solely on throttle angle to determine engine load. The computer does get input from cylinder, baro, and air temp sensors also. Its not really designed for fuel economy, only performance.

+1
    Thanks fellas very logical answers .. makes sense to me

Oh btw rich.. i've got a few old toys to sell so i think i may have the money to do the few things we talked about on the phone .. but i'm still going to wait till after mudbugs because i want have a ski for that.. i'm going to first get a tach and gps up and running so the info can be recoreded through the progress even though i'm sure it's been done.. always nice to know

All i need to do now is to talk my friend into letting me uses is carport to work on the damn thing.. this will be fun being his 02 z06 has never seen rain..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information