Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RXTScott

2006 scic or 2007 speedster150sc?

Are there any major differences between the 2006 and 2007s. I have a chance to pick up a 2006 scic for 13500.00 with trailer 4 yr warrantee and cover. I'm thinking it might make more sense than dropping 18000.00 on a new one.

if that price is drive out then its a great deal, if not then consider that a new one can be had for ~19K drive out if you work em, there were only minor differences between those years as I understand it.

rxt- I responded to your private message before I read this, so I'll post my response here also, in case others have this question. Yes, I'd be all over that deal for $13.5K. I'm out of pocket +$18K on mine and don't even have a cover!

Anyway, here's what I sent before:

If you can get a good price on an '06 (like under $14K), then that would be the way to go. They are identical boats in every way except color choice and the instrument panel (and the name Sportster/Speedster ). The '06 has a more "boat-like" analog guages, while the '07 has the LCD instrument cluster straight off the '07 skis. I almost picked up an '05, which is identical to the '06, except the problematic supercharger washers are thinner. Probably a good idea to change those out to metal anyway, like people with skis have to.

You'll find not much difference between your RXT and the Sportster/Speedster, except the steering wheel, the radio, and one more seat. It's really just a big jet-ski, and can be thrown around like one (without getting too wet either). Gas mileage is about the same as the RTX. Expect 55-56mph top speed out of the box, but 60+ is achievable with $1000 in mods. I like it a lot; if you want a newer boat this size, it's really the only thing like it on the market (which is a shame, because I'm not a big fan of the way BRP does business, and most dealers are horrible; I wish Yamaha, or better yet, Honda, would come out with a competing pocket-rocket).

-Scott

I'm with him...... Grab that sucker.. thats a good deal.. ive seen 2006 SCIC going for $15K or more..

This boat is a fricken blast.... Its just like a jet ski ONLY BETTER.. because you can haul 4 people and you also have a cooler and a sound system.. and you can still do major spinouts and pull some serious G forces..

I just picked up a new 06 with the trailer and 3 year warranty for under 13K. With all the local taxes and fees, it came out to about $13.7K.

I was also going through a similar decision process and I just couldn't pass up the deal. This is a big price difference and there isn't really anything mechanically that's different. The gauge cluster I couldn't care less about as when you are riding this boat, you don't have much of a chance to glance down anyway

RXTScott

ended up with a 2007 speedster.

Bait and Swap. the 2006 was magically sold. Found out it was sold the day he called about it. Had multiple people looking at the same boat. So I ended up buying a 2007 speedster. I should have it by next Saturday.

thanks for all your advice. Time to go to the dark side away from my PWCs.

Congratulations! Look at it this way, you got the boat you wanted, you just got the $2000 "LCD Instruments" option and the $2000 "Red/Black color scheme" option too (you got the red one, right?). And as I mentioned before, this boat is not a huge departure from PWC (i.e. still going to be full as hell!).

-Scott

Quote Originally Posted by rxtscott View Post
    Bait and Swap. the 2006 was magically sold. Found out it was sold the day he called about it. Had multiple people looking at the same boat. So I ended up buying a 2007 speedster. I should have it by next Saturday.

thanks for all your advice. Time to go to the dark side away from my PWCs.

Welcome to the club

Lee

RXTScott

re

yea - I'm looking forward to putting it in the water and seeing what it will do. The 10 hour breakin is a drag though. It will just give me more reasons to take it out. . Think I should replace the ceramic nightmare washers? People are saying the boats are pretty much imune from the washer failures.

RXTScott

red color scheme...

went with the red one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information