Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: dings in prop?

dings in prop?

How much will dings in the prop hurt your top speed? I just put on a new intake grate and noticed it had some nicks in the leading edge.

p.s. I ran off and left a turbo honda today on the ouachita river

I dont know what kinda mph I ran but the rpm was at 8000-8050 on smooth water

If you did not lose RPM's they are insignificant.

Affects holeshot?

We had some small dings. Midrange acceleration and top speed were fine, but we found that it would "rev out" from a standstill, affecting our initial takeoff - it tended to lift the nose before finally taking off

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bic1 View Post
    We had some small dings. Midrange acceleration and top speed were fine, but we found that it would "rev out" from a standstill, affecting our initial takeoff - it tended to lift the nose before finally taking off
    keep the prop and wear ring as new as you can. otherwise your loosing the best out of the hole, just my 2pence

if I didn't have dings in it before I definatly would now....I got a piece of bark stuck in the jet drive and had to cruise 5 miles back up river to the ramp to get it out and could not go any faster than 10mph oh well its a stock prop so Im not too mad about it.

I've put 7.5 hours on the rxp since I got it and could not be happier with it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow04RXP View Post
    if I didn't have dings in it before I definatly would now....I got a piece of bark stuck in the jet drive and had to cruise 5 miles back up river to the ramp to get it out and could not go any faster than 10mph oh well its a stock prop so Im not too mad about it.

I've put 7.5 hours on the rxp since I got it and could not be happier with it!
    you should always carry a 13mm and 10mm socket and ratchet, so you can remove the grate, you'll have to tip the ski on its side, so you can get the ingested garbage out, if you ride it back to the launch you've done the wear ring

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    you should always carry a 13mm and 10mm socket and ratchet, so you can remove the grate, you'll have to tip the ski on its side, so you can get the ingested garbage out, if you ride it back to the launch you've done the wear ring
    I wish there had of been a place to beach it to do that but I would have been stuck doing it under the water and what do you mean I have done the wear ring

I wish there had of been a place to beach it to do that but I would have been stuck doing it under the water and what do you mean I have done the wear ring
    He means you've torn up the wear ring.

+1
    if you get anything injested between the prop and the wear ring depending on how much pressure the object is pushing against the wear ring you'll have problems when you retrieve it, ie wear marks on the plastic wear ring, even a small pebble can ruin a wear ring, it'll cavitate its nuts off, because you've let the debries wear it away premituelly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information