Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bad Experience First Time Out.......Looking for some guidance, please.

Decided to go out into the cold and break it in nice and slow. Put in the slow key and fired it up. Idled around for a while and then started riding. Varying the rpms from 3,000 to 5,500. Came back to idle, and while puttering around, she died (18 minutes on the clock). Paddled to shore and took a long walk to get back to my truck and take her back to the dealer . Checked the baterry and connections were good. When you go to start it, you can feel the tork on the motor, but it just doesn't want to turn over. If you keep hitting the started, the prop moves approximately 3/4 of an inch at a time. Pulled the plugs and tried the same thing. Doesn't seem to be vapor locked. I bought the biggest, baddest, meanest ski hoping not to run into this problem. Any thoughts, similar problems, advice? Thanks. My dealer is completely clueless when it comes to this motor. My confidence in their ability to solve this problem in a timely fashion is lacking.

did you check the second muffler popped off hose?

Quote Originally Posted by petros the plumber View Post
    Decided to go out into the cold and break it in nice and slow. Put in the slow key and fired it up. Idled around for a while and then started riding. Varying the rpms from 3,000 to 5,500. Came back to idle, and while puttering around, she died (18 minutes on the clock). Paddled to shore and took a long walk to get back to my truck and take her back to the dealer . Checked the baterry and connections were good. When you go to start it, you can feel the tork on the motor, but it just doesn't want to turn over. If you keep hitting the started, the prop moves approximately 3/4 of an inch at a time. Pulled the plugs and tried the same thing. Doesn't seem to be vapor locked. I bought the biggest, baddest, meanest ski hoping not to run into this problem. Any thoughts, similar problems, advice? Thanks. My dealer is completely clueless when it comes to this motor. My confidence in their ability to solve this problem in a timely fashion is lacking.

????????????????

yes....no water in the hull.....but why will it not turn over....??????? that's my issue.......oh by the way the pump is clear....checked that too.

Sometimes it's a small thing overlooked. Maybe they installed a battery and forgot to put water and acid in it. Sounds rediculous, but it's possible. Did you check the voltage?

did you check all the wires and sensors. I know this machince build with alot sensors.

Activate onboard diagnostic by pressing mode and set at the same time and hold for more than 5 sec and see if there are error codes on the display..

Mitch

Exclamation

Sounds to me like you sucked something into the pump.

the pump is clear.....it sounds to me like....THUNK....the battry is strong you can feel it torking the engine.....it's got me up and i cant sleep thinking what it might be...........mark.....skipp.....are you out there any thoughts??????

+1
    Honestly, without hearing it, I'm at a loss. It sounds like an engine issue. If that dealer can't help you, then take it to another Kawasaki dealer, and QUICK!!!

If it won't turn over, then you got three possible scenarios.
    1. Starter/battery system.
    2. Engine failure.
    3. Pump binding.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by petros the plumber View Post
    the pump is clear.....it sounds to me like....THUNK....the battry is strong you can feel it torking the engine.....it's got me up and i cant sleep thinking what it might be...........mark.....skipp.....are you out there any thoughts??????
    Did you look on both sides of the prop. You need to load test the battery to verify it good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information