Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

250x still not running right, plse help

My 250x is still not running right. I have posted my problems, at 6,000 rpm or higher when turning sharp a bad grinding, scraping noise occurs but only when turning. I took it to my dealer and they just jerked me around keeping it for 2 weeks and only doing he 10 hr dervice. they did not even ride it or change the oil. I want to speak with a sales rep or someone who can either fix my ski or swap me for a new one. I have been jerked around by this dealer for the last time. I am a paying customer who did not get what I paid for. race season is here and I have no ski to race!!!! Does anyone know of other problems like this, or even better someone that works for kawasaki like a rep or just someone who can help me so I don't get jerked around by the dealer any more. If any forum has a member that will help me, I feel like it would be this one. plse help me!!!

I guess i will call the national cust service line on monday!

I was riding yesterday and experienced what I think you are talking about(I actually thought about you as it was happening).

I was WOT and turning in some light wind chop and it sounded like something was hitting the bottom of the ski, very weird noise. I don"t know if it is what you are hearing, but I think it's just the way the chop smacks the boat at that angle????

This is the first and only time it happened to me.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    How many hours are on your ski? Have you done any mods to it? Give a little more info if you could.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    How many hours are on your ski? Have you done any mods to it? Give a little more info if you could.
    10 hrs, no mods yet. It only happens when turning sharply like closed course racing, but sounds bad. if i turn and add throttle it will happen, i can let off the throttle and turn harder and it will still happen. It sound like it is coming fron the center of the ski. it is like a grinding, binding, repetative like circular sounding. made me thing of bearings or cavitation.

But it does not happen when riding straight regardless of throttle position or water surface (smooth or very rough) kawi will not help me even after the dealership jerked me around and lied to me about it, saying they rode it and it was fine, I talked to one of the teck who informed me that they never even rode it, but kept it for 2 weeks anyway, charged me for the 1o hr servive and did not even change my oil. Kawi motor co. basically told me "tough luck." now i have paid for a new ski to race and have nothing to race in the upcomming races. I feel like my hands are tied and have no more money b/c i spent it on a ski that I can't race until runs properly. What do I do, no one from kawi will help me, and the dealerships in my area are sleezebags and have even admitted to me that they do not know much about skis. Kawi says i have to use them in order to get the national tech support. does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP ME, I feel like i am drowning!!!

Did you buy it in Mechanicsville, Colonial Heights or Midlothian turnpike dealer?

We bought our 2 Ultra 250Xs from Eddie at Top Gun Kawasaki in Wirtz, VA. He seemed to be a honest man. It is a smaller shop that Ed Sr., his son (Ed Jr.) and Ed Sr's daughter run.

Jim

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP04 View Post
    Did you buy it in Mechanicsville, Colonial Heights or Midlothian turnpike dealer?
    All 3 of these dealers in Richmond are idiots. I went to all 3 and I knew more about the ski than they did. You could hardly even get them to wait on you in their showrooms. I wound up going to Pa. to buy mine.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    All 3 of these dealers in Richmond are idiots. I went to all 3 and I knew more about the ski than they did. You could hardly even get them to wait on you in their showrooms. I wound up going to Pa. to buy mine.
    I understand your comment but I know the shop manager at one dealer and thought I could help. I also bought a Mule 610 at one of the other locations and know some people there. Sometimes an outside party asking stupid questions can get good answers if you are good listener versus a know it all.

+1
    Before it goes on any longer make the dealer test ride it !!!! Get it going for your races ! you might have bad jet pump bearings or shaft carrier bearings. good luck

This will not help you but I have to say it again ... good luck

"but as i am beginning to understand i have no say in the matter anyway. when you buy a Kawi you pretty much buy it as is"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information