Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

06 speedster problem

I just bought a new 06 speedster 200 430hp. The left engine will rev to 7800 rpm and the right engine will only rev to 7500 rpm. It has done this from day one. The throttle cables are identical at wide open throttle. The engines sound the same and there is no pull. Neither engine is overfull on oil. I talked to another guy on a sand bar and his is off by 400 rpm between the two engines. A tach problem perhaps? The pumps have no visible damage.

There is a big possiblity that they are actually running the same or close RPMS.. the tachs could be off that much.. maybe one is high and the other maybe low..

Best thing to do would be to talk to the dealer and ask them if they have run into this problem before or if they could call sea-doo direct and ask them what they could do to improve your problem

tachs off

Uneven analog tachs on these boats seems to be a common issue. Mine does the same...sometimes port reads about 300 higher than stbd. Engines sound in synch, no pulling, and throttle cables are taught at WOT. I really think the analog tachs aren't so accurate. I am, sooner than later, gonna get a couple Dynotune digital tachs to end the annoyance.
    Couple ideas...on the trailer, engines off, put it in gear (forward) and put both throttles to WOT. Then go to your throttle bodies and see if there is anything left to pull on the throttle cable-where it connects to the throttle body. If there is, tighten it up using the opposing bolts on the throttle cable near the throttle body.
    Other idea...get those engines hitting the rev limiters so you KNOW that they are peaking together. Open up your restrictive stock intakes...that should about do it.

I dont think anything on those guages is accurate.. LOL

Speedo reads very low..

Water temp reads high..

Ive got 9 hrs of on water running time yet my hour meter reads 0-3hrs all the time..

The only thing that works well is the gas guage..

....and the gas guage could be better. Wish it employed some averaging logic like modern cars. I can't stand being half full and seeing the "Low Fuel" warning around every turn. Makes me afraid I may starve the engine of gas, when in reality, I'm not close to doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by cyoungesq View Post
    Couple ideas...on the trailer, engines off, put it in gear (forward) and put both throttles to WOT. Then go to your throttle bodies and see if there is anything left to pull on the throttle cable-where it connects to the throttle body. If there is, tighten it up using the opposing bolts on the throttle cable near the throttle body.
    Hi,

I noticed this thread and have a related question concerning my 06 Sportster SCIC. (related post here)

One poster said that the throttle actuator on the engine can rotate past it's wide open position. Is this true? If the throttle cable is adjusted to fully actuate the throttle could the butterfly open past 90 degrees?

thanks

having done this myself, I do not think so, but cannot say for certain. If I recall, the butterfly has something that stops it from rotating it beyond 90 degrees, but now I gotta crack it open to check. Another item on the midnight to-do list!

My tach read about 300rpm difference between engines at WOT as well. They seem in sync to me though.

Quote Originally Posted by cyoungesq View Post
    having done this myself, I do not think so, but cannot say for certain. If I recall, the butterfly has something that stops it from rotating it beyond 90 degrees, but now I gotta crack it open to check. Another item on the midnight to-do list!
    If this is the case that the throttle butterfly is mechanically limited to 90 deg. opening then I am missing top end and low end fine control. I'll try some on water adjustments this weekend.

-D

Quote Originally Posted by vwDavid View Post
    If this is the case that the throttle butterfly is mechanically limited to 90 deg. opening then I am missing top end and low end fine control. I'll try some on water adjustments this weekend.

-D
    You must be very carefull when doing this adjustment... as yo do not want a bunch of tension on that butterly as it is most likely bottoming out on the throttle body and could cause it to wear into it (although i admit im not going to take mine apart to confirm this)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information