Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Well...not sure about 80 W/full handling!

Went out today is high winds AGAIN around 6-8 inch chop.I have the 14/24 set back in and i could only spin it @ 7130 rpm with the conditions. I didnt change a thing,just the prop.The boat had a bad buck @ 77.8 to 78.6 mph.The problem is the lower rpm.The speed is there,its the pump that is not processing the water efficiently and causing the pump to over stuff. Im going to a 14/23 and calling it good.Im pretty sure that the ski will not hit 80 with the current setup.I could cheat and pull the tabs and reset the plate and get it.Its sooo close to 80 right now. Im hoping the 23 bend,with the added rpm,will get me in the mid 79mph range.Im NOT giving up,im just throwing out the facts.What am i i crying about,i have an EFI ski running almost 80 @ 4100' ! I need to look at the positive side.

The wind was so bad today,i had the bars cranked 1/2 way,just to keep it straight! It was a hard side wind that pushed me no matter what direction i was going.I just need to get rid of my frustration and concentrate on going faster.

As much as i love the GPR,they can be a pain in the azz.
    OK,done crying now........eheheheheheeee

What was your total gain from the TB mods?

You were spining a 14/22 at 7220rpm 78.2mph, now your at 14/24 7130rpm at 79mph?

So the prop dropped 90rpm going 2 degrees up?
    My engine dropped exactly 80rpm when I went from a 14/20 to 14/22.

+1
    well done,as well you know you will get there....

those are great numbers for your alitude...any higher and you will need wings...

bring it to sea leval and set her up and you know where you will be.... dam fast ...

+1
    Thanks salty....

Ronn, funny thing is my high speed pot was set @ 9 turning 7080 rpm.I figured i would lean it out some with my elevation and gain some r's.WRONG! I went to 8 and my r's were 7040 ! I shut it off fast.I turned the controller all the way up and hit 7130.The motor was trying to make enough power to turn the prop and i had to add all she had.I did go back to 10 1/2 and the r's stayed the same. Cant believe how much fuel she likes.How do you guys do it at sea level????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Went out today is high winds AGAIN around 6-8 inch chop.I have the 14/24 set back in and i could only spin it @ 7130 rpm with the conditions. I didnt change a thing,just the prop.The boat had a bad buck @ 77.8 to 78.6 mph.The problem is the lower rpm.The speed is there,its the pump that is not processing the water efficiently and causing the pump to over stuff. Im going to a 14/23 and calling it good.Im pretty sure that the ski will not hit 80 with the current setup.I could cheat and pull the tabs and reset the plate and get it.Its sooo close to 80 right now. Im hoping the 23 bend,with the added rpm,will get me in the mid 79mph range.Im NOT giving up,im just throwing out the facts.What am i i crying about,i have an EFI ski running almost 80 @ 4100' ! I need to look at the positive side.

The wind was so bad today,i had the bars cranked 1/2 way,just to keep it straight! It was a hard side wind that pushed me no matter what direction i was going.I just need to get rid of my frustration and concentrate on going faster.

As much as i love the GPR,they can be a pain in the azz.
    OK,done crying now........eheheheheheeee
    Woody,

I ran 79.0 yesterday with tabs and an 800 grate with 1.5 gallons of gas in the ski. 78.5 with a 1/2 tank. You are flying, the only way to know what your doing is put another ski next to yours. Pulling the tabs is not cheating if you can still ride it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mtrager View Post
    Woody,

I ran 79.0 yesterday with tabs and an 800 grate with 1.5 gallons of gas in the ski. 78.5 with a 1/2 tank. You are flying, the only way to know what your doing is put another ski next to yours. Pulling the tabs is not cheating if you can still ride it.
    Thanks Mark! I have a nice set up that ive ran in the past,(past 4 years) that works great without tabs.I might as well do it and get it over with.I guess cheating wasnt the word i wanted to use.I just want to hit 80 with handling,THEN go for the BIG #'s.

+1
    The bottom line is im never happy with what i got.I always have to be faster and better each time im out.I need to CHILL!!!!!!!!!!

I have to consider this: the water conditions were not that good either.
    Last edited by WATER WOODY; 05-06-2007 at 05:00 PM.

+1
    Hey WOODMAN stay focused, I tried to break 79.6 for 2 months and got to where I was taking the enjoyment out of riding. It was just testing, testing, and more testing, everytime out on the water. It was endless. It definitly sounds like you have a great setup and it will come. I also must admit to the guilt of following your posts on this waiting for you to break your previous record. Addictive as chit man!! Good luck and keep posting. By the way I think I like sheep too, especiallly one with a good grill..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    Hey WOODMAN stay focused, I tried to break 79.6 for 2 months and got to where I was taking the enjoyment out of riding. It was just testing, testing, and more testing, everytime out on the water. It was endless. It definitly sounds like you have a great setup and it will come. I also must admit to the guilt of following your posts on this waiting for you to break your previous record. Addictive as chit man!! Good luck and keep posting. By the way I think I like sheep too, especiallly one with a good grill..
    Thanks Dome...... Now these an honest man! Not affraid to admit his sheep addictions! hahahahaahahahahah i love it!

Ok,the secret weapon is going on for this coming weekend! Its time to unlock some speed.Time to loosen it up a little more. I pretty much know what it will run with the current setup.No more of this 79mph BS....

+1
    Secret weapon? What you talkin bout Willis!?

Those are great #s with full handling. Its nice to run that kind of speed and go run with the guys down the windy river and not touch a thing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information