Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SKi not running right...

99 XP question. My buddy has a 99 XP. Everytime he would give it full throttle it would fall on its face and die. It would mis every once in a while just crusin. The day before,we put it in the water, and we forgot to turn his gas on and we were trying to start it for like 10-15 minutes. Maybe the plugs are fauled?

+1
    probably need to clean the filters out in the carbs, they'll tend to skip like that when they are getting really clogged up. Could be another reason why its dying on you when you pin it. But then, you may just need to richen it up a bit on the low end.
    I would pull the little filters out and clean them, see if the problem goes away. If it doesn't, then probably cut the plug wire 1/4" back and rescrew back into the boot and put some dialectic grease inside the boot to give it better contact.
    SHOOTER

Were going to try and put new plugs in. I think they may have got fauled when we were trying to start it with no gas. I would amagin that the oil injection would still be happening and the spark plugs got fauled by the oil. I may be very wrong but its only like 5 bucks for new plugs.

Ok, went out again today boy was it a blast!!!!!!! but my buddys ski is a bitch. We put new plugs in and at wide open throttle it ****ing dies. For example you are sitting there, floor it and once it hits 6-7 grand it starts to die. If you let off the gas and play with it a tad sometimes it wont completely die. On the way home he couldnt go much faster than 25 because it started doing it at half throttle. And ideas?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by zdowell View Post
    Ok, went out again today boy was it a blast!!!!!!! but my buddys ski is a bitch. We put new plugs in and at wide open throttle it ****ing dies. For example you are sitting there, floor it and once it hits 6-7 grand it starts to die. If you let off the gas and play with it a tad sometimes it wont completely die. On the way home he couldnt go much faster than 25 because it started doing it at half throttle. And ideas?
    Shooter already told you what's wrong, but as it involves some work you ignored it. Do we need to repeat it or can you scroll?

just wondering if anyone had an other ideas. Its going to the dealer ship he bought it tomorrow. We dont want to rip into it till we know if they will fix it or not.

+1
    Fuel lines,in-line carb filters, fuel valve(on and off) and get ready to spend if you can't do it yourself.The fuel lines go to hell and break down and clog the fuel filters.. Par for the course with the Doo's...

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by zdowell View Post
    just wondering if anyone had an other ideas. Its going to the dealer ship he bought it tomorrow. We dont want to rip into it till we know if they will fix it or not.
    Yeah...we have other ideas. But what is actually wrong with it is what Shooter told you...

well, just got it back. Something got in the fuel line and clogged it. They also replaced a mount and some bolts broke off i guess and they were in the exhaust??? not sure what the hell they ment by that. Grand total $533. Cost to him $0. THey ate the whole bill. Midwest Motor sports in Wisconsin is a great place. Stands 100% behind there ****. They are ordering a $109 speedo bracket for mine. free to me also.

If it still has 'GREY TEMPO' fuel lines and you are in the USA then bin them and replace with new fuel lines as the fuel in the States eats the Tempo lines internally! If you don't do it, it will keep blocking the carbs and eventually it will eat your engine.... Running lean will blow it up. But I'm sure you have been told this before!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information