Thread: 07 RXT/07 Ultra

+1

07 RXT/07 Ultra

I was at Lake Berryessa this weekend and ran into a guy at the dock with both boats.
    I hung around to see how they were doing, the water was white caps all morning and the Ultra would take the RXT out of the hole and just keep pulling it through their top ends. The riders switched boats and went at it a few more times, same thing.
    They were both saying how much they enjoyed the Ultra in terms of speed and rough water handling BUT they loved the looks, fit and finish of the RXT better. I hadn't seen an RXT since Havasu and I will tell you the red/white RXT looked killer.

Now here is where things got interesting, they were running side by side and the RXT swerved at the Ultra when he went off the crest of a wake. I don't know how it happened because all I saw was a wall of water everywhere! Once the wall was gone I could see the Ultra and RXT on their backs. NO crushing sound of fiberglass..wheeewh!
    They rolled the RXT first, no problems, one guy stood on the side, bent over and around she came.
    The Ultra did come over BUT it took both guys and I didn't think they were going to make it at first. A couple of tries and it was over with a huge ker splash.
    I asked if it was really that difficult to right the craft and they said they were tired so they weren't sure.
    I guess with all my rambling, I'm just curious to see if anybody else has righted an Ultra??

Almost the same thing happened on our side of the world. Both an RXT and a 250X swerved the opposite way to avoid collision, The hull of the RXT hit the sponson of the 250X. No damage to the hull. The sponson suprisingly did not break. Just a small scratch. But one of the bolts holding it in place snapped(2nd bolt from the rear). The 250X capsized. In less than 10 seconds, the rider was able to swim back and right it quite easily.
    Last edited by mitch ochoa; 05-06-2007 at 11:54 PM.

+1
    That's good to hear that he had no problem righting the craft, these guys were tired and it coould be all it took to make the task difficult.

I should have hung around to see if the craft took on water and or/where if it did. I heard it run so I figure all is well??
    I suggested they run it bye the dealer just so they can have a look see, they looked at me like I was crazy.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Berryessa must have been killer this weekend. We were there last weekend and we got a lot of looks We have a red and a blue. It was even nice to get a compliment from a rider on an RXT in passing in the Pleasure Cove no wake that said "You're the only one out here that can out run me".....let's just say that made me feel fuzzy!

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Berryessa must have been killer this weekend. We were there last weekend and we got a lot of looks We have a red and a blue. It was even nice to get a compliment from a rider on an RXT in passing in the Pleasure Cove no wake that said "You're the only one out here that can out run me".....let's just say that made me feel fuzzy!

not to go too OT here but whats bass ass is when you have the loudest and most modified 3 seater on the water and ppl cant believe how fast it is

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    It was beautiful this weekend and memorial will be nice as well. It will be crowded and they closed the bridge, so no topless honies this year.
    Hope to see you out there. Maybe you'd like to trade rides for a few and run my Matrix, it's not ultra quick but ite extremely fast these days.

Oh there's going to be a Nor Cal ride there this weekend, quading up the mountain as well.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    I gotta hit Clear Lake to help a freind buy a boat, and then off to Bullard's Bar on Sunday is the plan so far....

+1
    Cool, hope to catch you out there some time.

Thread Information