Up to date, whats the best set-up

I know, I'm sorry, you guys have probably answered this a 1000 times...I am new to the list, bought my first RXT at the end of the season in 2006. I have been doing my darndest to research all the performance enhancing parts for the RXT but it is overwhelming and I am screaming mercy! I come to you for help in determining where I should go at this point from a stock unit to one that will be fast, but also reliable. I'm looking for the best part list I can find for roughly $3,000.00. I know I need an exhaust, block-offs, washers, intake grate, filter kit, etc etc etc. But, I don't know which models to buy! Thats my problem. So many different choices has got me frustrated. Anybody that is bored and would like to shed some light on my ignorance? I would really like a part list with specific model numbers to create a better machine! Like I said, 2006 STOCK RXT, trying to spend about $3G's. Thanks for everyones time!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Here you go. It's all been figured out for you. Follow the link with your credit card ready.
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=20

And that is the best, to date way to do it, just buy a kit? I've seen all these posts about skegs and pro block-offs and ceramic washers, and all sorts of stuff built by Green Hulk (I'm guessing) but I would be best off just to buy a kit off the shelf huh? Thanks. Couple other things I've seen people post is filling the hull holes and leaving the cone off? The holes is easy to figure out, but what is up with the cone? And whats a skeg?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Do more research, all the answers are at your fingertips. You said $3000 and since your very first post on the site was a "tell me everything because I'm tired of reading and researching" post after being a member for 3 months I figured your not a testing DIY type person. Everything has been discussed here ad nauseum and opinions very. If you want a detailed what I would do here it is.

All free mods (Your Own)
    washers (Green Hulk)
    wedge (Riva)
    green sc wheel (Green Hulk)
    custom 4 inch intake (your own)
    42# injectors (Green Hulk)
    skegs (Green Hulk)
    external IC (actually I wouldn't because I have Hoss's philosophy on this) (your pick)
    Thru hull exhaust (Riva)
    prop (opinions vary-Riva)
    Stainless wear ring (Green Hulk)
    reduction nozzle (Riva)
    front motor mount (Piranha)
    RE pro block offs.

There you go guaranteed to run 70 mph. I'm not going to add it up for you but I'm sure it's over 3.

Have you checked out this thread
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773

The first mod should be the SC washers. Its more difficult to say what you want with such a big budget. Most people start with stage 1 kit but you have more to work with. I like NCHeel's list of parts. I would add the Graco water strainer if goin external Intercooler. Keep reading the threads here one day at a time. lots of info and opinions. Check the classifieds and watch for the sales, you can save some money and get more. Anything Jerry sell in his store is good. I like what i have so far for mods, check my signature out.

I beleive piranha is still offering a free motor mount with the purchase of their intercooler (IC) setup- check with jerry on that though. When shopping be sure to use the "greenhulk" discount code.

Thanks guys, that's the info I was looking for. I have been a member on large group sets like this before, and I was always one of the top posters and go to guys for info, but that was working with cars. Coming to your group is a big change for me, going from the guy to ask, to the guy that asks! LOL. I know how frustrating people like me are, been there and done that. Thanks again, DJ

Not frustrating at all. Everyone helps everyone here. Welcome to the forum!

Thread Information