STX1100 won't rev out

I am working on an STX1100 and it won't rev out,I pulled the carbs and the reeds,everything is ok there ,also pulled the fuel valve-pickup assy and checked it.It will take off good then falls flat on its face about the time it should be hitting the main jet.I also checked the diaphragms and the slides are opening correctly.I am thinking the stator is bad,it acts very similar to the 750's that I have replaced stators on previously.Anyone have any insight?

Try checking the fuel pump. The diaphram may be cracked also check the pulse line going to it. I am chaseing a similar problem mine bogs on takeoff then wont run full out. just pulled the pulse line and gas ran out so probably means I have a bad pump. Post what you find on yours I may still be chaseing mine.

Worked on mine some more last night. I took apart my spare set of carbs they were showing simmilar problems found a piece of dirt clogging 1 of the low speed jets. Also found the set on the boat had fuel dripping from the pulse line so it looks as if i have a cracked diaphram also found a pinhole in the pulse line. Ive got to change carbs again ang go try it. Hope this helps you out

This one was full of fuel in number three cylinder,I thought that it may have had trash under the fuel needle in that cylinder but now I am not so sure.I am going to pull the carbs again and take a look.

Lol Ive had that happen last time it filled all 3. Thats why I had changed carbs. Just put on the freshly cleaned set today but didnt get to get it wet seems to run fine on the trailer. I did check the set I took off and found a couple of holes in the diaphram inside the fuel pump. There was a very small bit of aluminum in it probably leftovers from the engine I blew up last year. That was the carbs from that motor. I would pull the jets and needle seat just to be sure then give it all a good cleaning.

Yeah I just did all that the other day before I water tested it.

snapper455
    This may sound crazy but unplug the gauges complely then try it. if that works then the red wire with a yellow strip needs to be cut going to the guege, this wire turns on the heat indicator on the guage. it makes the motor sort of go into a false limp mode if the guage is bad. I have had at least a handfull bad guges in the last year it seems.

Thread Information