Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    lots of confusion here yet again with your post. the pisser is an indicator only of water travelling through the exhaust manifold and head assembly. if its blocked it doesnt cause overheat problems. they block up with salts. just remove the hose from the barb and bush a drill bit through the barb to break the crust. reinstall and yes the ziptie is fine on there dont over complicate things. not sure what your reffering with the ic as it runs its own cooling system.
    Thanks I'll remove the hose and clean the barb.
    Salts and Crust...thats how I'd describe this hose that I believe was my leak problem. The clamp was tight, but there was a little section of hose worn out and water passing.

Question: is this hose under pressure?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0250(1).jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	388585  

+1
    mate that hose doesnt carry water it carries bypass air.

+1
    Well hell then...wtf. I wonder why it had shiz all over it heavy. Looked like salt creep if I were to describe it. ...and I don't ride in salt water.

Well, I cleaned the ski up all inside. See how it goes I guess. Next time on lake I'll try to dig deaper. I did what you said tho, took the bypass hose off, cleaned out the zerk spicket and replaced. Water seems to flow ok. Not as fast as other ski, but it flows.

+1
    your right Nj it won't overheat as it's the water that's already cooled the engine and manifold just can't see how with only 12 hrs the hose line would have salt deposits even without fresh water flushing after every ride ..

the water coming out of the bypass post ride flushing looks normal as it all depends on your home or marinas water pressure ,better water pressure stronger bypass outlet water if Its like my house and the Mrs got the dishwasher or washing machine going especially at the same time it's gonna trickle out or water pressure is just so so in general ...

Sure water somehow spashed around somehow from the outside with the seat off or was riding in rough waters and water going over the top of the hood ?

just can't believe after 12 hrs you have hose issues ...

+1
    Thx jetdave56. Ski is about 25 hrs now. Possible the dealer splashed water inside; that's when I noticed it for the first time...when I brought home after 25 hr service. Just a couple days ago..and when I posted. Just couldn't figure out how it had salt creep type crystals so much around that bypass air hose.

As for bypass pressure, wouldn't make sense what you shared with pressure and all cause my wife ski and mine are so vastly different (as shown in videos) using same hose while flushing. Water from her bypass is fast flow, cool temp. Water from my bypass is slow flow, warm temp.

I spent 3 hours today going over the ski. Hoses, clamps, cleaning, etc. I found nothing that stood out or worrysome to me.

I'm dropping off to dealer for a lake test Tuesday. I'll mention these things and see what they come up with...which may be nothing. F K

+1
    With all due respect, Before you do much of anything please do as you have been and ask around here. We'd all gladly walk you through it on here or if you're assumed in the US you can call a few of us on the phone and we'll try to help you.

I thought you just included that bov hose picture on accident, knowing now you thought it had water going through it is concerning

+1
    Concerning...ya for shizzle I would be too. I'm concerned for myself! I don't know Sh*T about these or what I'm dealing with. I've never owned anything motorized like this. n00b I think is what I'm called 'round these parts! Thx for heads up on help by phone. That may come in handy; thx for offering. If it comes down to that, I certainly would post that kind of help! Nice to know theres buddies that would do that.

8. +1 by:

Hi guys, I appreciate all your help.

Could you please share the procedure needed to "just remove the hose from the barb and bush a drill bit through the barb to break the crust" please? Thanks!

+1

Bypass - Low Water Flow (Have PIC)

This is an old post but anyway if you want to clean that fitting of the bypass outlet for maintenance or suspect a clog there's a little hatch opening under the front hood after removing storage bucket , it gives you easy access to the fitting to remove hose and poke around from there...

11. +1 by:

There is zero confusion here .. just a lot of boneheads with a camera and a belief .. I have posted on 5 different threads how to fix it .. consult Kawasaki .. ask ur dealer .. otherwise consider ripping stuff apart .. and see if u can add more issue's to such a simple fix .. there's no corrosion nothing is lodged in the line and no reason to detach the hose .. stop listening to people who spend more time in the garage taking pics and posting video's .. and just buy a new ski if u can't understand and perform basic maintenance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information