Thread: hello guys

hello guys

Like to say hello guys, i am new to the forum. After several weeks of reading and surfing about new skis, my wife and I decide on and picked up a red and a blue U-250x. I drive the blue and she the red.
    We have made two trips out for a total of 7 hours and boy these things are fun compared to our old skis. We just got back to the house from our ride and comparison test.
    i moded my BOV( you can hold the cap side in boiling water for about 30sec and it comes loose) 2 turns and left hers alone.
    my weight is about 190 and she is 125ish. We dicided to do a little drag race. They both were the same speed all the way to 70 on the dash speedo. I don't have GPS so I don't know true. My rpms were 7860 and hers was 7850. neither ski pulled even an inch ahead of the other.

i think the next mod will be the wedge plate you guys talk about. Once its finished i'll let ya know how they compared.

i can't wait until Wednesday to take them out again.
    Again guys Hello!

Salinas CA

Hello and welcome.
    Sounds like you have a summer of fun ahead.
    I think the skis will be evenly matched between the two until your mods actually give you more power. These ski`s are underproped and the weight difference between you and your wife will not cause one to be faster on the top end. She might have a launch advantage but not that much.
    Have fun with them.
    I`m adding the pump seal kit, block off plates, 2 degree ring and secondary muffler delete for now.
    Parts should be here by Wed.

Melbourne, FL
    Welcome! Nice experiment. Don't forget to check your water hose clamps. They seem to come from the factory kinda loose.

Thread Information