Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Will a 6 vein stator add mph?

I'm thinking about getting a ss 6 vein stator, and was wondering if it will help topend or hurt it. I know it helps on the lowend, but curious about topend. In one of my old hotseat catalogs it claims 1-2 mph up top. Is this true or just a sales pitch?

+1
    I've always found in uglier choppier water you will see a better top end over the 5 aluminum stator. It seems to keep the pump loaded better and of course if the pump doesn't need to get re-filled everytime it comes back into the water, you're going to see better speeds.

Scott and I run almost identical 785 Pros. One of the few differences is that I ahve a 6 vein, and he has a 5 vein. I am 1-2 mph faster on top.

BTW I have a SWEET SWEET Skat Track Magnum 6 vein for sale in the classifieds.

Aaron

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Yup, 1.5 to 2 mph and they are bullet proof compared to the stocker. My cousin's stocker had no damage and began to leak water into the bearings. You need serious HP for anything bigger than a six. The larger ones are for choppy conditions. 6 gets my vote

+1
    So would an 8 vein give you even more topend if you had the hp? Just curious. Thanks for the answers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTXC View Post
    So would an 8 vein give you even more topend if you had the hp? Just curious. Thanks for the answers guys.
    No, but it will give you better average speeds through the chop. I personally didn't see any MPH gain with the 6 vane over the 5 in glass water, but it did hook up better in the chop.

I'd like to experimenet with this as well. My 98 and 99 stock and 99 limitedPros had the 6 vein. The 99 Superstock had the 8 vein pump and hooked up very well. I'm now down to must the 98 limited and a 97 stock I just got. I notices the 97 has the 5 vein pump, but I don't know if the performance difference has anything to do with the pump, or simply the mods on the limited.

AATS, I would be interested in your 6 vein pump. Please PM me the price. I'm located in your area.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    He last posted $500 shipped.

+1
    One more question. The are the s.s. stators from polaris on their later models 6 vein or did polaris ever make 5 vein s.s. stators? If they're 6 vein, what is the difference between the 6 vein polaris, and the 6 vein skat. Or did skat make them for polaris?(if they're 6 vein)

+1
    The first ones were made for Polaris by Skat Trak and then they switched to Asia Trend, you can probably figure out why.
    Some swear the Skats are better, I never noticed a difference BUT I'm only a REC rider so maybe the racers see/feel a difference??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information