Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Getting excited for my mods! I have a 2014 Yamaha FX Cruiser SVHO and just finished installing my Deans team tuned ECU and Riva Air Filter kit! I am having a a Solas Prop and Riva Strainer from Deans Team installed this week and hope to get her in the water to test it out this weekend!

+1
    Do you ride the Hudson River up there? Those were the good ole days. You should have the fastest ski in that area soon!

Quote Originally Posted by FX Cruiser SVHO View Post
    Getting excited for my mods! I have a 2014 Yamaha FX Cruiser SVHO and just finished installing my Deans team tuned ECU and Riva Air Filter kit! I am having a a Solas Prop and Riva Strainer from Deans Team installed this week and hope to get her in the water to test it out this weekend!

I generally ride in Lake Sacandaga and Lake George, but I do cruise in the Hudson and Mohawk rivers sometimes. Did you used to live in NY? The Hudson on a calm day is like glass and is awesome for high speed blasts or cruising!

Dean tuned my ecu for Stage 2 with 93 octane. My FX stock would run consistently 70mph so I am excited for what she will do now. There are some guys with machines that run mid to high 80's or even low 90's around here supposedly. But, I hope to be in the 80mph club with this level of mods. If all goes well, then my next stage of mods will include a cut ride plate from Jim and maybe delete the ribbon. Then if my timing chain holds up, my third round of mods will include a new intercooler and stage 3 tuning from Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Do you ride the Hudson River up there? Those were the good ole days. You should have the fastest ski in that area soon!

+1
    I generally ride in Lake Sacandaga and Lake George, but I do cruise in the Hudson and Mohawk rivers sometimes. Did you used to live in NY? The Hudson on a calm day is like glass and is awesome for high speed blasts or cruising!

Dean tuned my ecu for Stage 2 with 93 octane. My FX stock would run consistently 70mph so I am excited for what she will do now. There are some guys with machines that run mid to high 80's or even low 90's around here supposedly. But, I hope to be in the 80mph club with this level of mods. If all goes well, then my next stage of mods will include a cut ride plate from Jim and maybe delete the ribbon. Then if my timing chain holds up, my third round of mods will include a new intercooler and stage 3 tuning from Dean.

Are you planning to run 80s with the ribbon in there...I think you must do the ribbon delete..

+1
    Yes, I lived up there in the Albany area for about 22 years

Dean's tunes are some of the best and his support is hard to beat. You're in good hands!

Thank you! My prop was installed today and I took her for a test run on the Mohawk. Wayne from WaterWerx installed it for me. Said he knew you. My machine was running a solid 80mph at first, but I think I started to get some heatsoak and then she was hovering around 78-79mph.

Yes, I lived up there in the Albany area for about 22 years

Dean's tunes are some of the best and his support is hard to beat. You're in good hands!

I just ran my first test runs tonight after the prop was installed. I was hitting 80-81mph at first with a full tank of gas. But, she settled in around 78-79mph on average after that and would hit 80mph at times. The air temp was about 80 degrees and the water was about 77-78 degrees. I think I finally know what people are talking about when they speak of heat fade on back to back speed runs. The Ribbon Delete would probably add 1 mph or so and some throttle response. Maybe add a cut ride plate from Jim and a new Intercooler in time. That should put me in the 80-82mph area which is plenty fast without modifying the internals.

Quote Originally Posted by RIVERA RACING View Post

Are you planning to run 80s with the ribbon in there...I think you must do the ribbon delete..

haha. no kidding.

That article was very timely indeed, lol! My FX Cruiser SVHO is heavier and longer than the FZ model. Plus, I weigh 270. So, I will never be as fast as 85mph with the same mods and a driver of average weight. However, it gives me ideas to get my ride plate cut by Jim, possibly remove the ribbon, and in time get a new, more efficient Intercooler. Mabye then I could hit 82-84mph possibly with Dean's Stage 3 tune.

Quote Originally Posted by nashvegas View Post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information