Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dannypalooza 2007 countdown

=d> =d> =d>

To bad our RE's will never make it to the states!!!!

Couple of questions for the locals or those who have been before. I am going to be making the journey down there for the event.

#1 Is anyone going early for a saturday ride there as well or are most just doing Sunday?

#2 Is there a place to get gas on the water or do i need to bring extra tanks? My beast isn't the most fuel efficent thing on the water.

#3 For those going saturday if any, are you camping, or what hotel?

#4 What about sunday night? Don't know what time this will wrap if i drive home sunday night or people are staying.

Just trying to plan accordingly would like to come down saturday and maybe do and early afternoon ride or something on saturday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lehrjet View Post
    Couple of questions for the locals or those who have been before. I am going to be making the journey down there for the event.

#1 Is anyone going early for a saturday ride there as well or are most just doing Sunday? I think that there is a group getting together Saturday, but probably closer to Morris, IL.

#2 Is there a place to get gas on the water or do i need to bring extra tanks? My beast isn't the most fuel efficent thing on the water. There are a couple of places (old 87 octane), if you have tanks bring em, Don't worry, I don't think any of us are going to win any economy awards.

#4 What about sunday night? Don't know what time this will wrap if i drive home sunday night or people are staying. We are always off the water with enough time to drive my burnt body back to Madison WI, so Cedar Rapids IA shouldn't be a problem...

Just trying to plan accordingly would like to come down saturday and maybe do and early afternoon ride or something on saturday too.
    See ya'll next weekend!!!

JP

Banned User
    +1

#1 Is anyone going early for a saturday ride there as well or are most just doing Sunday?

Some of us have to do a final FIX AND TUNE on saturday, starting @ Da PROP SHOP (aka my house) and will be heading to the Wilmonting location to drop them in and check for leaks...

#2 Is there a place to get gas on the water or do i need to bring extra tanks? My beast isn't the most fuel efficent thing on the water.

Yea, there is places...BUT if we do like we did last year, no worries on fuel. i went through 3/4 tank last year on my GSXL,and that was a lot of playing...

There are hotels, their numbers I have no clue...But utica/Starved Rock area has a BEAUTIFUl hotel just down the way from the launch...You can check there for starters...

#4 What about sunday night? Don't know what time this will wrap if i drive home sunday night or people are staying.

Sunday night is a "um, I got beer back at the house, who's buyign the pizza???" if all goes well, figure late afternoon is off the water time, depending on mechanical issues (if any) or bad sunburned bald heads, ...There is a NASCAR race sunday night, so I know where my arse will be the last half of the race

There are a few people coming from Iowa, some Yami boys....

What ride do you have?

Ultra 250

Banned User
    +1
    Ultra 250
    oh REALLY! I should have a set of sponsons made by then, might have you try them out!

Fine with me, putting in a pump seal kit right now, my wedge is on back order don't think it will make it in time. other then that she will be bone stock.

Ultra 250
    schweet...
    my first ride with a Ultra...
    JP

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information