Thread: Mitch's Video

Mitch's Video

Great video! Towards the end when you start hitting the swells it looks like you are getting completely out of the water but landing softly ready for the next one. Are you completely airborne? How do you time the swells like that? Ever go submarine into one?

+1
    Yo man, how about a link??

I'm sorry I can't link it for you but its called Antique, Boracay & Sibolo Islands. I just stumbled across it last night.

+1
    Where did you find it? Here? U-tube?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    Great video! Towards the end when you start hitting the swells it looks like you are getting completely out of the water but landing softly ready for the next one. Are you completely airborne? How do you time the swells like that? Ever go submarine into one?
    video link:
    http://jetski.blip.tv/file/216825/

Yes, I was completely airborne, much more so than the FX HO to my left. According to my ride buddy(2nd ski to my left), he could see the intake grate of the 250X from his vantage point due to the height of my last jump on the video. You'd easily get the feel and timing of the surf intervals after a couple of runs. Land rear end first to avoid hard landing. Haven't submarined the ultra either on surf or offshore.
    Last edited by mitch ochoa; 05-08-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Well, I was impressed by the production quality of your video and somewhat humbled by your handling of the craft at steady, high speed. I may not be as good a rider as I thought. I can get thru those big rollers but not at steady high speed and some of my landings are rough.

Hey Mitch,

AWESOME video!!! As usual, you guys made me want to grab my passport and book some tickets........

That footage of you guys hitting the surf was just incredible. I don't think I've seen helmet cam footage of surf jumping that good before. I could totally "feel" the hang time.

We tried to get to Boracay the last time we were there bit it's a pain to get there unless you fly from Manila. My oldest son will be going to Boracay in July.

I also loved that video of San Teodoro, very cool inlet.

+1
    I would love to know what camera that is used in these videos.!!! Excellent videos.

Thanks Dan! There are more available flights now going to Caticlan coming from other regions aside from Manila. It is now one of the busiest domestic airports in the country.

Adambomb, for the first-person action shots, I used a Sony ex-view helmet-cam connected to a Canon mini-dv camcorder.

For 3rd-person footages, I used a Canon IXUS 65 "point-and-shoot" digicam.

Editing made on Virtualdub and Windows mm2.

Thread Information