Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Are the Ultra 250s thumping the RXTs

Is it offical that the Kawasaki 250 Ultras are quicker and faster and handle the rough stuff better than the RXTs?

YES. IT is.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Is it offical that the Kawasaki 250 Ultras are quicker and faster and handle the rough stuff better than the RXTs?
    A buddy of mine with a 06 RXT with only the Riva 3" air intake mod SMOKED one BIG TIME last week, stock vs stock the new 250's Ultras handle much better the rough stuff than the RXT hull's (because they are bigger and heavier) BUT if you put the skegs and the RE Opas block off kit to any RXT (without the wedge) they are HISTORY!!! i raced one with the new Riva air intake two weeks ago with my stage 3 RXT at that time still with my Riva 10-11 psi S3 SC not with my current bad @ss 13 psi+ Rude charger in very rough waters and i keep pulling away from him in the top end, my ski handling mods are the Riva sponsons, Riva intake grate, Skegs and a custom made rear bushing with a centered hole that keep the bow of my ski planted to the water in the rough stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GPR/STX-15F/RXT View Post
    and a custom made rear bushing with a centered hole that keep the bow of my ski planted to the water in the rough stuff.
    Any chance of a picture of your custom rear bushing ?

Thanks!

stock on stock I raced one in St cloud , fl two weekend agos and I kept up fine with the Ultra 250. some say I past it a little bit. Not sure if driver had fully opened since it was new and it only had 6 hrs. But I had my RXT fully throttled. no mods fully stock.

Last weekend i beat one on the lake by about a jetski and i have a gtx sc with a riva power filter , Im more then positive a stock rxt will walk them everytime.

+1
    Last week at the Region 3 races, we had one in our lineup. Our limited XPL's were faster, I had my stalker there and we did a shootout on it... 66.1 was the top speed.

I got a chance to ride it, and was actually quite impressed. It has pretty good holeshot, awesome mid, and decent top. You feel like your only going 50ish though cause of the massive size. Turning took a while to get in the groove. I had to drop my inside knee (all the way) and pretty much shove the nose into the turns to get it to carve. This was with stock sponsons.

You can get it to cut tight, but it drifts to the outside. The wake and spray this puts off is worse than the RXP/T's.. It sucked big time following the beast... Could only safely pass in the splits.

+1
    I think the race results that are coming in both on CC and endurance races show, without a doubt, that the Ultra will tromp the RXT on the race course !

Richard

+1
    I think some of the RXT owners are running with bad wear rings or old plugs or something...
    We have lined up on several Ultras, I like them and great hole shot... they jump out fast but they peak quickly, the RXT is faster so makes up that gap quickly and then it's neck and neck all the way across the lake. If the Ultra is faster it's because they are running on fumes, and then it's "game over" back to the dock for more $3.20 ea gallons of go-juice. Meanwhile I'm still cruising on my original tank from yesterday. Ultra is going to perform better in heavy chop,but the fact that the 250 is performing "on par" with a 215 hp is comical to me. Chatted with the Ultra owner I raced across the lake last week, his biggest complaint was "with 250 hp I thought it would be faster." After that he turned around and headed for the dock, why? He was running on fumes. Best part of all this; they cannot pass us and we are using roughly half the fuel with 35 less hp.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Any chance of a picture of your custom rear bushing ?

Thanks!
    I will ask (Geo RXT) if he can post a pic of this home made rear bushing since i don't have it anymore, i gave it to him as a gift for all the parts that he bought from me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information