Zxi 750 mid range bog

I picked up a 97 zxi 750 and it worked for one ride. The motor needed to be entirely rebuilt. So it got a complete rebuild. bored 1 mm over , boysen reeds, pjs head milled down. It also has a solas prop and r&d ride plate. When I first got it it would do 55 (on the speedo not gps) both carbs were also rebuilt. When I threw it all back together she runs and idles fine but would only get up to 35 and 40 if I played with the choke. I was 1 turn out on the high speed and it accelerated just fine. So figuring I needed to richen up the mixture I started bay testing it today. By the end of the run I had the high speeds at 1/4 turn out. Now set like this I was getting up to about 42 and 45 if I worked the choke. I'm thinking my pop off is too high? Maybe I need a bigger jet ? Cyl 1 makes 190 psi and cyl 2 makes 180 psi. now with the high speed 1/4 turn in I have an awful bog when I get on it but once it gets past it (if it does without stalling) I was getting closer to its previous top speed. So where do I turn now im at a loss for why I can't even come close to where it was before the rebuild.

This is what the new plugs looked like after today's run
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	390852  

I would work on getting the low speed set. There is a pretty good procedure at this link from Group K. http://www.groupk.com/tec-carbs97.htm Once you stabilize the low speed screw and its rpm. Then I work on getting the high speeds adjusted. Do the "Plug Chop" and check the plugs. It takes a long of time and patience to get where you need to be. looking at the plugs, they are almost there, maybe a slight lean. But is more into pricely tuning the carbs.

Thread Information