RXTScott

trailers - carpet or plastic slides?

I'm picking up my Speedster 150 tomorrow. The dealer asked me if I wanted plastic slides installed on my trailer. He wanted $200.00. Not sure if it is worth it. Any suggestions?

I put plastic slides on my RXT trailer. About $75. I like them, with just a nudge the ski slides right off without pushing and shoving. The only problem is that they are slick and I cannot ride the ski back up on the trailer because when I do it just slides right off again. I idle the ski up to the back of the trailer, get off, pull the winch web out, hook it up and crank in onto the trailer. If you have two people you could ride it up and the other person would hook it before it slides back off. So, I like them but I have to work with the sliding off problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    I put plastic slides on my RXT trailer. About $75. I like them, with just a nudge the ski slides right off without pushing and shoving. The only problem is that they are slick and I cannot ride the ski back up on the trailer because when I do it just slides right off again. I idle the ski up to the back of the trailer, get off, pull the winch web out, hook it up and crank in onto the trailer. If you have two people you could ride it up and the other person would hook it before it slides back off. So, I like them but I have to work with the sliding off problem.
    I have sliders too and once had this problem. Here is what I did to solve it. For getting it off the trailer- I put it into the water up to almost the front of the bunk. Then I detatch the hook and get on the ski. The way i get it off is just rocking back and fourth once and its off. To get it on- I put the trailer in the water but less than what I did to get it off. Then I just idle the ski up to the bunks and when it is alligned just hit the throttle once and kill it and it goes up and stays there every time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxtscott View Post
    I'm picking up my Speedster 150 tomorrow. The dealer asked me if I wanted plastic slides installed on my trailer. He wanted $200.00. Not sure if it is worth it. Any suggestions?
    You could do it yourself for half the price. I actually like carpet. Just spray on Silicon spray and it will slide up very easy.
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 05-11-2007 at 01:29 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoo951 View Post
    I have sliders too and once had this problem. Here is what I did to solve it. For getting it off the trailer- I put it into the water up to almost the front of the bunk. Then I detatch the hook and get on the ski. The way i get it off is just rocking back and fourth once and its off. To get it on- I put the trailer in the water but less than what I did to get it off. Then I just idle the ski up to the bunks and when it is alligned just hit the throttle once and kill it and it goes up and stays there every time.
    just idle up, hop off & leave it idling till you hook it then kill it.
    Have any of you had the gel coat get scrubbed up with the sliders? I took mine off because it was wearing through the gsx bottom.

Thread Information