Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

My First Ride! Needed a Tow

Put it in the water, started up, idle at 1,450 rpm's,too high! docking was not easy at this idle speed. Left dock and ran at no wake for 10 minutes. Ran slow speeds for ten minutes hitting the gas and leaving off several times. I then gave it a WOT attempt. It stalled. Pulled seat to find about 8" of water in hull. Would start and stall. Got a tow $100.00 to dock, pulled out, drained water and tried to restart. restarted and exhaust fumes and exhaust smoke coming out of engine compartment. Towed home, called Kawasaki customer service. No recalls for the above problem. They never heard of a hose coming off exhaust as noted in this forum. Towed back to dealer yesterday and now waiting for a call. Also pulled plugs, electrodes are black.
    I will post additional information after the dealer calls me.

Good thing you caught it quick! Its an easy fix. Hopefully no real damage was done. You'll be enjoying that ski in no time! and Welcome!

Man that sucks, sorry to hear you had that problem as well.

It sucks to think that a toy that costs 12k can have simple issues like this. Not only does it show something wrong in the production line, but the people that PDI it and say it is "a-ok, ready to go" before you receive it.

I am picking mine up tomorrow and will definately be making sure everything is okey dokie before she goes into the water.

Let us know what comes of the situation man, real sorry for ya.

Dave

+1
    Im sure all "first year" of most skis will have similiar issues! You guys will get them all worked out and be flying in no time!

Yeah, I'm hoping to have everything worked out, or at least have the knowledge of other people's bad experience's.

I expect issues being it's the first year, even though the dealers will tell you otherwise to get the sale.

I hope it shocks this hell out of me, and I think it will, I have only owned the older 2 stroke ski's that were bone stock. So I think I'll definately have a blast kicking it up a notch!

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    I forsee an ear to ear grin on your face.

Sorry to hear you first outing turned out the way it did arcolog. Keep a positive but firm attitude and you'll get it worked out.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    If people would pay attention to this forum and check things before they hit the water, like the exhaust hoses popping off, that everybody has been talking about for the last 3 months,

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    If people would pay attention to this forum and check things before they hit the water, like the exhaust hoses popping off, that everybody has been talking about for the last 3 months,

Problem is that threads get buried in the past here. No one checks the the FAQ section because the 250 issues get buried there too.

Being that this ski and this section are so new it would be best to have a 250 Tech thread thats locked. Only technical informations and updates could be posted there in regards to the 250.

I had offered to do this. Be responsible for updates and photo instructions. What was given was the the FAQ section that vary few 250 members review.

Oh well Ill just keep plugging away at what I do....

sorry to hear about this issue yet again. I had the same thing happen to me and was able to reconnect the exaust hose myself. I was able to do this beause I read every little piece of information I could get on this ski. Must say that this board here is the most informative one I've come across and to have a section just dealing with the Ultra250. I wish you happy riding as this ski won't let you down. First year models have little this and that that needs to be addressed, same with any new machine on the market. The good thing is we have the internet to do our research and make a concious choice to buy it or not. For the people who do not do the research, well Kawi techs need to eat and feed their kids too!!

g,day from Australia
    i have been reading your forum every day since i bought my ultra 250,very interesting info.
    have not heard of any hosses coming of on our skis did check mine after reading the forum and they were as tight as a drum.
    i had my first race last weekend it was a 60km fairley straight run,i run in rookies where there are no restriction on mods.i pulled about four boat lengths on the rolling start but was shortly overtaken by two rxp,s is it likely they have had work done to them or is the ultra lacking a bit of top end to them.the fastest i could get my ski to go was 101km/h on the factory speedo,i have changed it to miles so i can compare my speed to the speed that your getting over there.i also pulled apart the blow of valve and adjusted it to the same as the image shown on the forum i fitted an after market boost guage and will see what it has done this weekend.sorry to babble on but not muck r&d going on here and i,m keen as to get it going better
    cheers

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information