Stolen Trailer with a lot of expensive gear inside!

From the band Chevelle:

We regret to inform you that we are unable to perform our scheduled tour dates (until further notice) due to the entire trailer full of pretty much ALL our gear we own getting STOLEN TODAY 05/09/2007 from the Clarion Dallas Park Central hotel at approx 11:00 A.M.

If anyone has any information, or sees a light gray KZ Cargo trailer, with an Illinois plate 57002. Please call 911 or your local police authority.

Most items are labeled "chevelle" and if you notice anything suspicious on ebay or other online resellers selling "authentic" Chevelle items...Pete's guitars, Dean's basses, Sam's drums, amplifiers, risers, backdrops, tee shirts... please call the police ... or email:

[email protected]

Any information would be greatly appreciated...and we hope to see you soon...but it will take some time to get all our items replaced.

Thank you for your support and understanding. Lets catch these crooked &^*^%!!!
    "

So if any of you in the Dallas or surrounding areas notice anything like they described please help them out.

Also if you see anything weird on E-Bay also do the same. This is a very unfortunate incident and I'm sure their fans are quite upset about them having to cancel / postpone their tour.

ya know, I playing the dallas scene alot. Musicians have a code "you never steal another musicians equipment". Steal his girl, his car, but not this gear.

talk about giving dallas a bad rap. They wont come here again. And many bands skip dallas cause our reputation sucks. Now we know why.

Well it's that and everyone is becoming so pretentious here. I played around Dallas, college station, and the usual spots in texas for a year. Dallas has the worst crowds, and music scene in general. In College station we were treated like we were friggen nickleback or somethin. Here we had to fight to talk to people at our shows because they just turned their heads when you came off stage and did their own thing because that was more important.

Sad thing is, if you pull 100 people in Dallas now at Curtain Club you can headline! I remember the days when you had to fill the place to capacity (and you could if you were worth a damn) before you could headline friday and saturday!

+1
    Dreww, are you Cory?

Quote Originally Posted by 05GTXLTD View Post
    Well it's that and everyone is becoming so pretentious here. I played around Dallas, college station, and the usual spots in texas for a year. Dallas has the worst crowds, and music scene in general. In College station we were treated like we were friggen nickleback or somethin. Here we had to fight to talk to people at our shows because they just turned their heads when you came off stage and did their own thing because that was more important.

Sad thing is, if you pull 100 people in Dallas now at Curtain Club you can headline! I remember the days when you had to fill the place to capacity (and you could if you were worth a damn) before you could headline friday and saturday!
    back when trees and **** was still around it was good. thats when I was out playing last. It all sucks now. Dallas used to have a great music scene. but no more.

naw, Im not corey franco.

+1
    That's a shame.. Chevelle rocks! They recently played here in baton rouge last month.. I'm sure they are going to miss the bass drum head with Ms. Spears shaved head picture on it.

+1
    damn that sucks, they are the best concert i have ever seen....

+1
    I hate to hear people stealing chit. We need to watch over everybody's stuff not just your own.

Quote Originally Posted by dreww View Post
    back when trees and **** was still around it was good. thats when I was out playing last. It all sucks now. Dallas used to have a great music scene. but no more.

naw, Im not corey franco.
    Haha man those were the good days. I remember being 17 and breaking curfew sunday nights to hit the local show for $2. I saw Bowling for Soup, Element Eighty, Space Cadet (they were the openers one night), and bought cd's at each of those shows and spent maybe $15 each night.

Now you're lucky to get in for less than $15. Oh let's not forget the crap that the owners are pulling on bands. We were trying to play at Galaxy Club and so we had to do a Sunday night show. No big deal, we were used to that at new places. Well they told us we were going on at 8, and we went on at 6....so we said screw that and went across the street with our whole crowd to Coyote Ugly and did a show there.

It's just a bunch of crap now. I haven't been to a show in about a year. And then I hear this is going down? Give me a break.

Thread Information