First day and my new RXT runs like POOP!

Hoping for some advise here..... 2006 New RXT, well has 2hrs on it from dealer, manager took out for two hours so left over "demo". Bought and added new washers to replace ceremic and had the dealer do the install. Asked 5-7 times if they were OK doing this and they said yes, no worries. (they have no test tank which worries me and closest water to them is 30 min) Well got the RXT out on the water today and ttok it a bit easy and it seemed to run OK, made sure I did not keep throttle pinned for long times but did bring it to max speed and rpms which were 7900+ range if I remember OK, then after maybe 25 min or so the ski ran like crap, max RPM in the 5500-5800 range and speedo (yes I know not accurate) was now reading 50's inseatd of mid 60's moments earlier and it felt much much slower. Also the ski had very little strength (fekt as it something was either slipping or just not hooking up, and also RPM's hung in the high 5K range) and when turning and given some gas man the thing almost went no where.... anyway something is clearly wrong. Dealer over 1hr from me so before I bring back curious your thoughts? Fouled plugs? (I can check them this week) Looked under seat and looked as if no hoses came loose etc...

also holky toledo's does this barge have a massive turning radius.... even when it ran well my iniatil impressions was, "thank god I did not sell my Ultra 150".....with solas, shredmaster, sponsons my Ultra handles better, faster on top end it seemed, etc) I am hoping I am wrong as this beast cost a heck of a lot more then my Ultra... I know they are two very different skis but just my humblke initial thoughts...

Thanks again for the help and advice everyone...
    Last edited by 2006 RXT; 05-09-2007 at 10:54 PM.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2006 RXT View Post
    Hoping for some advise here..... 2006 New RXT, well has 2hrs on it from dealer, manager took out for two hours so left over "demo". Bought and added new washers to replace ceremic and had the dealer do the install. Asked 5-7 times if they were OK doing this and they said yes, no worries. (they have no test tank which worries me and closest water to them is 30 min) Well got the RXT out on the water today and ttok it a bit easy and it seemed to run OK, made sure I did not keep throttle pinned for long times but did bring it to max speed and rpms which were 7900+ range if I remember OK, then after maybe 25 min or so the ski ran like crap, max RPM in the 5500-5800 range and speedo (yes I know not accurate) was now reading 50's inseatd of mid 60's moments earlier and it felt much much slower. Also the ski had very little strength (fekt as it something was either slipping or just not hooking up, and also RPM's hung in the high 5K range) and when turning and given some gas man the thing almost went no where.... anyway something is clearly wrong. Dealer over 1hr from me so before I bring back curious your thoughts? Fouled plugs? (I can check them this week) Looked under seat and looked as if no hoses came loose etc...

Pop the air intake off that feeds the SC, put your fingers in there and try to move the impeller...if it moves with no resistance, then it needs adjusting. I say that because if they installed metal washers, then there is a chance they didn't install it tight enough....but I could be wrong.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    check inside your pump and intake grate area and make sure your prop is not severely damaged also

5500-5800 seems very low for supercharger clutch issues

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    make sure they clamped the intake hoses down too. plugs are also a real possiblility as those RPM's are lower than the typical induction issue. do you know how long it sat with gas in the tank? did you add fresh fuel?

you may need to clamp a hose, change plugs and siphon old gas, or even check the sc'er....but if I were you I'd check the plugs first and investigate the fuel. If it was a demo, and they have little access to water, then I'm willing to bet it sat for quite some time and the fuel gummed things up

How fresh is the gas in the tank? Sounds like you fouled a plug possibly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    adjusting. I say that because if they installed metal washers, then there is a chance they didn't install it tight enough....but I could be wrong.
    If it is the clutch more than likely they put 04-05 washers on a 06 shaft and there is no tension at all on the clutch

thanks

I got the washers here so pretty sure they are the right ones , I will check the plugs in the next day or so. I assume check all three, also I bought some spares at the dealer so have some plugs to try. I topped off the tank when I picked up the ski, well wasn't much gas in it when I got it so added like 12 gallons of the high octane. It ran well for 1st 25 min and then RPMs just wouldn't go past 5900K range after that time of running OK. I started the ski in deep water and would have heard if the prop sucked in anything that would have chewed up the prop, at least think I would have felt/heard something like that. Also out of the hole a dog and man when turning forget about it the thing goes almost no where.

any more thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    If it is the clutch more than likely they put 04-05 washers on a 06 shaft and there is no tension at all on the clutch

plugs, I hope so

I hope thats all is is.... would they foul that fast? also again it just feels like its not hooking up and the rpms get to 5800 quick enough but its like the ski isn't following like something is either slipping or the power is just not getting to where it needs to go....

Quote Originally Posted by KeithKman View Post
    How fresh is the gas in the tank? Sounds like you fouled a plug possibly.

Thread Information