Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RXT overheating

+1

RXT overheating

went out yesterday and my RXT was overheating badly,

it was over heating at WOT before so I took my J pipe out and made the 3 holes larger and I used 2 clamps instead of the 3 as I thought one of the clamps was resticking the holes,

I removed my pump this morning to check the pump and water reducer thinking I may have left it out or it was clogged as there was alot of trash in the water but it was clear I was missing on washer on the 2 baling tubes, anyway it did not start overheating at first then after about 30 minutes it started and it got worse I could not run it over 3000-3500 without it going off

what do you guys think? is there a adapter I can use on the pump to flush the system I plan on removing the hose at the pump making a adapter then removing the exit hose on the intercooler and check for water flow, if water flows though the intercooler what can I do next?

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    check your coolant level? or are you talking about the exhaust temp only?

+1
    Is it a "High Temp" alarm? If so its exhaust related. Are you running a water strainer before your intercooler?

Im willing to bet you have a clogged intercooler.... even if water flows thru it you are not getting enough water flow at high speed.

Alarm coming on about 7800 R's?

+1
    By the way, this is the best way i have found to clean an intercooler out. I do this proceedure at least twice a year

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15167

Jerry do you flush your intercooler twice a year even while running a water strainer?

+1
    the last 3 time I had it out it would go off at 8100 then yesterday it first went off at 8000 and got worse from there I could not run above 3500 without it going off it was a lone ride back at 18 MPH

I am going to clean the intercooler tonight then install the stainer, the hose on top of the J pipe was hot and did not have much water running threw it I rmoved that hose while in the water started it up and very liittle water was coming out of the top of the J pipe

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

Wink

It might have been lonely, but you werent alone, we were going to make shhr you got back,lol.To bad I didnt have a spare chic to keep you company on that ride back,

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I lost some speed yesterday, so I ordered all the o rings for my inter cooler, going to take it apart tomorrow night and see what goodies may be in there, It was nasty water out there yesterday, I got the strainer from here, but the lines are different size then the SeaDoo, and I have been lazy and not tried to find the right sized nipples, anybody know where those can be obtained.

Sounds Like a problem I had before. Check the RIDE Plate as I cracked mine and the coolant was leeaking from there. I had to wait like 2 months to get another one. This was last Nov 2006 and the part was on back order. Check your coolant bottle if it drains it out really quick I am almost sure that what it is.

+1
    Yea Harry you could have let me borrow the one that was riding with you

my coolent level has always been ok my problem is on the exhaust side

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information