Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

some 06 ski & Motor differences...

went thru the new 06 skis today with a fine tooth comb. the new GTI SE is really a high quality boat, let me tell you guys. the innovation, the layout, the inside of the machine.... i really wish i had one of these hulls over my RXT due to the interior layout. extremely clean, professional, and classy design.

i'm trying to find how the NA motor is missing 25 hp from it's original design in 02 wit 155 HP... it's either the ECU or the cylinder head or a combination of both. i'm leaning towards thinking they didn't touch the head from a perfectly fine previous design.

the TOPS valve from which the crank vents out the oil and fumes that we connect catch cans to... it's an all new design and new location. it's now on the back of the motor just above the supercharger. i went to an 05 ski, and if u look carefully, the block has a block off plate on it where the tops valve would go if it were an 06 ski.

the new guages are rediculously cool.... no more mode or set buttons. just start. i wish the guages were same cutout as 05 and same shape because i would switch mine out, but i don't think it's possible without fab work.

i cannot emphasize enough how cool looking the GTI SE is in person. the colors are nice, the lines, the design, it's overall stance.. WOW

all the nuts hardware on the skis are now brass and ny-lock (spelling?).. the steering and reverse always were ny-lock nut inserts... now EVERYTHING including pump studs and bolts are ny-lock and every nut everywhere is brass... or at least brass coated?

the 06 orange/msutard is rather ugly honestly. it legitimately looks like SHIT literally. it's color takes on a muddy greenish msutardy yellow weird color... the seat color and the paint color clash, not even the same shade.

the aesthetics contest for 06 goes to the GTI SE and 3D this year

+1
    PS... i can spell, just too lazy to type correctly! deal with it!

to late for me man, I`m into my ski a few $$$ now...PR...

+1
    What's the matter Shibby? Do you not like the "tequila sunrise puke between my feet" orange?

Did you see them in a showroom? All the dealers in my area say they won't get any of the 06's until march. I really want to see how much of a difference the 951 di engine in the 3d will make.

+1
    we got some into our shop last week before the holiday weekend. I believe the brp truck is supposed to swing by this week or next with a few more units again. we had the early batch because we will be the only seadoo dealer on the javits center international boat show in NYC this coming weekend thru next

Hey one of those skis was mine!

+1
    that's the crate that fell off the fork lift the other day i think? that's aright, we know a good fiberglass repair guy, it'll be like new before you come get it

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Shibby i'd really like to get my hands on those gauges too. Thats one of the first thing that i noticed when i saw the 06s. I'd be more than willing to take on the fab work. If you find out the compatability i'd be more than willing to an custom intstall on your ski and mine. Thats good to hear about the GTI. It'll open up more for new riders to get on without having to blow so much cash or get in over their heads.

Re: some 06 ski & Motor differences...

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    went thru the new 06 skis today with a fine tooth comb. the new GTI SE is really a high quality boat, let me tell you guys. the innovation, the layout, the inside of the machine.... i really wish i had one of these hulls over my RXT due to the interior layout. extremely clean, professional, and classy design.

i'm trying to find how the NA motor is missing 25 hp from it's original design in 02 wit 155 HP... it's either the ECU or the cylinder head or a combination of both. i'm leaning towards thinking they didn't touch the head from a perfectly fine previous design.

the TOPS valve from which the crank vents out the oil and fumes that we connect catch cans to... it's an all new design and new location. it's now on the back of the motor just above the supercharger. i went to an 05 ski, and if u look carefully, the block has a block off plate on it where the tops valve would go if it were an 06 ski.

the new guages are rediculously cool.... no more mode or set buttons. just start. i wish the guages were same cutout as 05 and same shape because i would switch mine out, but i don't think it's possible without fab work.

i cannot emphasize enough how cool looking the GTI SE is in person. the colors are nice, the lines, the design, it's overall stance.. WOW

all the nuts hardware on the skis are now brass and ny-lock (spelling?).. the steering and reverse always were ny-lock nut inserts... now EVERYTHING including pump studs and bolts are ny-lock and every nut everywhere is brass... or at least brass coated?

the 06 orange/msutard is rather ugly honestly. it legitimately looks like SHIT literally. it's color takes on a muddy greenish msutardy yellow weird color... the seat color and the paint color clash, not even the same shade.

the aesthetics contest for 06 goes to the GTI SE and 3D this year
    So whats the "other" color for the LTD that they havent shown yet?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information