Couple of questions?

I have recently bought a 2004 RXP with 13 hours on it. I have already order the Jerry's washers for the supercharger and I have not even riden it yet so I think i have that problem resolved ( if i didnt have bad luck i wouldn't have any). I have checked the s/c charger and I can not spin it by hand after removing the inlet hose. My questions are:

1. the shop manual talks about some special grease that must be put on the s/c shaft prior to installation of the needle bearings. Is this a requirement because it is not listed in the instructions that Riva published and that I accessed through this site.

2. After installing the washers is there any need to readjust after a short time?

3. When I start the ski up on out of the water there is a rattling noise from the back of the ski. It will quiet down some when I turn the hose on when flushing the ski. It also seems to go away with higher rpm. I have heard that this is normal but just want to make sure.

The ski is completely stock if that helps.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SeanJ View Post
    I have recently bought a 2004 RXP with 13 hours on it. I have already order the Jerry's washers for the supercharger and I have not even riden it yet so I think i have that problem resolved ( if i didnt have bad luck i wouldn't have any). I have checked the s/c charger and I can not spin it by hand after removing the inlet hose. My questions are:

1. the shop manual talks about some special grease that must be put on the s/c shaft prior to installation of the needle bearings. Is this a requirement because it is not listed in the instructions that Riva published and that I accessed through this site.

2. After installing the washers is there any need to readjust after a short time?

3. When I start the ski up on out of the water there is a rattling noise from the back of the ski. It will quiet down some when I turn the hose on when flushing the ski. It also seems to go away with higher rpm. I have heard that this is normal but just want to make sure.

The ski is completely stock if that helps.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help.

Sean
    1.You can put anti seize 3 bucks at pep boys.
    2. No you dont have to worry about it and if it does start slipping its an easy fix with a shim but chances are that u wont need to shim it for at least 50 hours
    3.The noise is normal

Smart move not riding it untill u get the ceramics out and welcome to the forum
    Last edited by ReDevilRXP; 05-11-2007 at 09:43 AM.

the noise is normal but i have no clue what causes it

The grease they are talking about is isoflex. When installing the washers. I always put a thin coat of this grease on the washers.So the washers aren't dry at start up. The oil will shortly wash the grease away.Here's the catch. when you check the slip it's a little off. Because of the grease. Its right at the end of the slip spec.After the grease washes away. Im sure the slip is just fine. ( Isoflex Grease is available from Parker Yamaha )

I just oil the washers when installing and torqueing...no special grease needed.

Thanks for all the help. Jus waiting on parts so I can get everything switched out and go ride.

The niose you hear when the ski is fired up out of the water is normal. Every Sea-Doo from 1988 has done it. There is play in the driveshaft to the pump housing. The reason you don't hear it in the water is because the pump is loaded by the water moving through it.

Thread Information