Thumbs up First ride coming this weekend

My first ride of the season will be this weekend. Last night I was up until 10:00 p.m washing the skis to prep them for riding. I have to get some spark plugs for the GTX, and after that its all riding from there. Hopefully I can crack 65 mph on it this season, the new engine is broke in and was gainging RPM's at the end of last year, this year with fresh plugs I expect 65 or higher. Last years high was 63.1 mph. Just thought I'd share!

the first ride is always the most fun. I am ready to start modding mine so I can have a 2nd and 3rd first ride

Money is too tight for me to start modding the RXP, plus my dad won't allow it. He's still pondering wether or not to let me get the washer upgrade. The GTX is a bit modded, its my sentimental favorite, but the RXP is loads of fun as well...

Quote Originally Posted by beegle55 View Post
    Money is too tight for me to start modding the RXP, plus my dad won't allow it. He's still pondering wether or not to let me get the washer upgrade. The GTX is a bit modded, its my sentimental favorite, but the RXP is loads of fun as well...
    just show your dad all the horror stories on this site about people who had ceramic washer failures and he will be begging you to have metal ones put in

+1

Red face

just show your dad all the horror stories on this site about people who had ceramic washer failures and he will be begging you to have metal ones put in
    Very True. I heard two things when I bought my rxp last year

1. Don't use Synthetic oil
    2. Get Metal Washers.

Until I started coming on this site, I just put it behind me. After countless hours reading about washer failures and the damage it could do- it just wasn't worth the hassle, not to mention the time to repair it.

So, because of this site, I got the washers installed and now I'm looking forward to a great season.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vidbuster View Post
    Very True. I heard two things when I bought my rxp last year

1. Don't use Synthetic oil
    2. Get Metal Washers.

Until I started coming on this site, I just put it behind me. After countless hours reading about washer failures and the damage it could do- it just wasn't worth the hassle, not to mention the time to repair it.

So, because of this site, I got the washers installed and now I'm looking forward to a great season.
    Quite a few people here are using the AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle 10W-40 oil in this ski with great results. It does not have friction modifiers and is safe for the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    In my ski I tried using oil that contained friction modifiers and i suffered from early clutch slippage so i went back to the BRP oil. However, i have been using an Amsoil synthetic that contains no friction modifiers in Carey's ski for the last 15-20 hours and everything is perfect.
    Here is some information on the AMSOIL 10W-40 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil
    http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?zo=367509&page=storefront/mcf

Prices listed on the web and catalog are Retail. For Preferred Customer Pricing PM, EM or Call me. Save up to 35% off with the preferred customer program. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...n/preferredapp
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 05-11-2007 at 06:02 PM.

+1
    800AMSOIL4U is right, synthetic is fine as long as there are no friction modifiers.
    and
    Metal washers are a necessity!

Kevin should i be worried about havving the 0w-40 in there instead of the 10w-40 ? You used to post both but now just the 10w-40, for my next order ill be getting the 10w-40.

Thread Information