Jug Inspector

1999 GSX-RFI Opinions?

Hey guys -

I'm not a Sea Doo guy so I figured I'd ask the pros. Any opinions on the 1999 GSX-RFI? Problems? This is a 787cc and I assume fuel injected? What kind of performance/speed/tossability can I expect? Two seater too right?

Thanks,

Bryan

The GSX is a good boat. Try a Works grate and aftermarket sponsons or get GSX Limited sponsons ( more of a hook). I am not familar with the RFI but remember that they have good excell. Very good as I recall from the WATERCRAFT WORLD mag.

Give PPG a call. They may have some sort or Level 1 for those. Sea-Doo.net is his marketing tool /forum.

Smile

Check the compression and oilpump alignment marks. If I came across one (GSX-RFI ) with good vitals and a fair (to me)price. I'd jump on it.

Ask Danny. I believe his brother or friend had one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibreakstuff View Post
    Hey guys -

I'm not a Sea Doo guy so I figured I'd ask the pros. Any opinions on the 1999 GSX-RFI? Problems? This is a 787cc and I assume fuel injected? What kind of performance/speed/tossability can I expect? Two seater too right?

Thanks,

Bryan

my buddy has a 99 GSX RFI and he likes it, gets some good air on big waves, 782,787cc they call it a 800, injected yes, 2 seater yes and his went 56-57 on a radar gun, if i remember correct, all stock

I have fooled with a couple. If it were me I might steer clear of it. They run OK but they are a SOB to work on. Diagnostics are in another world along with the prices of there parts. They use controllers similar to a RXP a MPEM and a ECU (if memory serves each are around 1k$) with Bosch (sp?) fuel injectors that give trouble from time to time Not that many out there and even fewer people who can work on them. Last time I checked GP does not have any L1 style upgrades for a RFI

Thread Information