Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger

Supercharger

What is the difference between the Supercharger for the non-intercooler engine and the Supercharger for the Intercooler engine? Can you use an Intercooler rebuild kit on a Non-intercooler Supercharger?

I have Non-intercooler Supercharger I want to rebuild. I may use it someday as a back up for a Intercooler Supercharger.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    You can use the clutch rebuild kit for the intercooled engine as long as you aren't replacing the the drive gear itself. What year GTX SC do you have? If you have an 03 they make a kit to upgrade the clutch which i used when my clutch went. Unless you know your clutch is bad or you're having rpm loss i would leave it alone.

The Kit I want to use is the one that has a new shaft and drive gear for engines with the Intercooler (420 881 946). The Supercharger's Clutch and shaft were totally shot. The Charger has been disassembled and I have it at powder coating center getting the outside bead blasted and repainted. The turbine is great shape.

Since I got this SC free with a bunch of other parts I wanted rebuild it and keep it for later use in an engine I might rebuild (just pain and fun). The engine will more than likely be a non-intercooler version 03. Do you think I am getting the right kit?

+1
    The gear that comes with that kit is for the RXP/RXT and will not work with the drive gear on the GTX SC.

You will need to replace the drive gear in your PTO housing.
    It's available from Rotax Racing. I will have them available on my online shopping cart beginning January 1st 06.

Jerry, the rr kit, what gear comes with it, I hope PPG know the diff, I told them the SC ifs for an 04 GTX SC...PR...

+1
    This is the heavy duty kit for the RXP/RXT/GTX-SC LTD (Part #4254)
    No mention of the GTX SC.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/onlinestore...products_id=58

I would imagine PPG will be using your old gear off the SC.

The only other alternative would be to go with this:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/onlinestore...products_id=59

(note: those are temporary URL's and will not work after Jan. 1st)

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    This is the heavy duty kit for the RXP/RXT/GTX-SC LTD (Part #4254)
    No mention of the GTX SC.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/onlinestore...products_id=58

I would imagine PPG will be using your old gear off the SC.

The only other alternative would be to go with this:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/onlinestore...products_id=59

(note: those are temporary URL's and will not work after Jan. 1st)
    Jerry,

This $460 GTX Over Drive Gear comes highly recommended from Mark and Nils. Where exactly does this gear go? Does it go somewhere on the S/C itself and replace what is currently on my RR HD Clutch? Or does is it go somewhere else inside the motor???

Jerry, I just got off the phone with Vladimir, and he said that they installed the right HD shaft kit, the gear is the same size as what was on there, and gave me a brief explanation. Can you tell me the number of teeth for the GTX SC vs the RXP/RXT/GTX SC LTD? Thanks...PR...

It`s already on it`s way back to me...they returned the stock impeller but not the gear!?

+1
    Jay, the overdrive gear goes in the engine. Easiest way to change it is to pull the engine and pull the PTO housing. Its worth doing it as you will get even more boost out of your SC

Andy, the RXP/RXT/GTX-SC LTD all have a 16 tooth gear. The GTX-SC has a 17 tooth gear.

The heavy duty clutch/shaft kit from Rotax Racing comes with a 16 tooth gear. Im sure what they did was reuse your old 17 tooth gear.

Well, I guess I`ll just have to wait and see until it gets here, now the anticipation is killing me! Did they? or didn`t they, that is the question ...PR...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information