Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Paging Jerry

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Winchester VA
    Posts
    49

    Paging Jerry

    I'm having some problems changing my SC washers. After I had to buy 2 torx sockets and 2 adapters because I lost them both in my hull, I finally got the SC out. Now, I'm trying to take the nut of the impeller shaft and it is so tight that it bent the shaft tool I bought. I'm at the end of my rope with this darn thing and don't know what to do now. Any ideas?


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    808
    You were supposed to heat the nut before using that crappy tool. I suggest you either buy another tool and heat the nut first, make your own tool, or send the supercharger out to Jerry..

  3. #3
    Moderator The Bandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Wilmette, IL
    Posts
    8,373
    You will need a little propane torch and if possible an air impact gun to remove the nut. Heat it up, and put the impact gun on it to get it off.
    the wrench should be strong enough for you to torque the nut(22ft lbs) back on. The tools you lost are probably directly under the engine under where the S/C mounts. there is a recess in the hull right under the engine. tilt the trailer up from the front, and they should roll right to the rear by the driveshaft area...

    All else fails, send it to Jerry and no worries!

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Heat the nut up with a propane torch before you remove it or use an impact wrench. The wrench is plenty strong enough to torque your nut to 22 ft lbs when you go back together with it.

  5. #5
    FIRED!!! JP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale, FLORIDA baby...
    Posts
    3,505
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP Steve View Post
    You will need a little propane torch and if possible an air impact gun to remove the nut. Heat it up, and put the impact gun on it to get it off.
    the wrench should be strong enough for you to torque the nut(22ft lbs) back on. The tools you lost are probably directly under the engine under where the S/C mounts. there is a recess in the hull right under the engine. tilt the trailer up from the front, and they should roll right to the rear by the driveshaft area...

    All else fails, send it to Jerry and no worries!
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Heat the nut up with a propane torch before you remove it or use an impact wrench. The wrench is plenty strong enough to torque your nut to 22 ft lbs when you go back together with it.
    my god, you two even sound alike now
    (except for da lousiana accent I suppose. )

    JP

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Yea, i noticed Steve is starting to sound alot like me

    Can't wait to meet this dude!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Winchester VA
    Posts
    49
    Is it a 25mm wrench. I can mill a normal wrench to fit if I have to. Thought about the impact just didn't know if I would damage the shaft by jarring it. Thanks

  8. #8
    Matthew K ReDevilRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lemont, IL
    Posts
    2,477
    Quote Originally Posted by 98Hawk View Post
    Is it a 25mm wrench. I can mill a normal wrench to fit if I have to. Thought about the impact just didn't know if I would damage the shaft by jarring it. Thanks
    One inch wrench

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Winchester VA
    Posts
    49
    I got it. Wouldn't have been an issue had I not been afraid to use the impact from the start. Thanks for you help guys.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Paging Green Hulk/Jerry SC rebuild turnaound time?
    By Fly'n Dutchman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
  2. Paging Jerry v2.0
    By JP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 08:48 PM
  3. Paging Jerry...sc'r clutch wrench
    By SeaDoocer in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 01:58 PM
  4. Paging Jerry
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 05:32 PM
  5. Paging "Jerry"
    By RXPDAVID in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2005, 11:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •