need help removing OE air intake

I'm starting to remove the air intake so I can install the power filter kit. I am stuck on how I remove the part of air intake that sits on top of the gas tank and enters into the engine compartment. the plastic pipes going along the engine and attaching to the S/C I have removed already.

First time ever trying to work on a ski so I am sure I will be asking alot of questions while trying to install the stage I kit, pump wedge, thru hull exhaust new wear ring and removing the S/C to send to Jerry.

I have printed out all the instructions but some things are not covered clearly for removing items..

John

Un buckle the gas tank straps and unscrew the clips that hold various wires and gas lines that are attatches to the oe air box then yank the bitch out.

UPDATED

I finally got it out. Getting ready to drill and mount the regulator to the hull passage door inside the front hatch. Before I put the power filter pipe in what should I do first? This is my list of to-do's. Give me the order if you can.
    1. S/C to Jerry for metal washers then reinstall
    2. remove OPAS
    3. install Thru hull exhaust
    4. install power filter
    5. new wear ring
    6. new prop
    7. pump wedge
    8. riva intake grate
    9. double check everything
    10. check fluids
    11. Start her up see if she works
    12. ride it like I stole it

The air intake should be last or at least after u get the sc back from Jerry and installed. I say do the opas and thru hull next after that do 5-7 in that order.

Thanks for the advice. This is nerve racking tearing into a working ski and never did any work on any vehicles before. Can't wait until I have to drill a hole thru the ski for exhaust!! well the regulator is mounted, guess is time to dig into the S/C

Your doing it the best way you can buddy. If you ever have any question or not sure on what to do just stop and post it cause someone will post within minutes most of the time Better to make sure than do it wrong like someone has long before you And believe me when I did my thru hull exhaust it was horrible, but it is well worth it in the long run Just take your time and do it right. By the way I hope I never have to drill a hole in my baby again!!!! Keep up the good work bro.

DV

Not sure if you are putting opas blockoff plates on or not, but either way leave it off until you finish with the thru -hull incase you need to tighten clamps through the hull holes.
    Also, when drilling the 4 holes for the thru-hull fitting, make sure the drill is perpendicular to the hull and drill as straight/level as possible. It makes gettting the 4 mounting bolts on a lot easier.

Thread Information