Impeller-to-Driveshaft Help please!

Hi, Im trying to install this damn pump assembly but the green "nose cone" that comes with the Solas 14/19 doesnt seem to make much sence to me in terms of how it mates to the driveshaft. I have it threaded onto the impeller and the impeller is mounted in the housing, but when I mock it all up, this Solas cone doesn't seem to mate withthe driveshaft.

There's an O-ring gasket in each end of this piece and it screws to the impeller just fine, but the opposite end (driveshaft end) doesnt want to join with the plastic "boot" that's mounted on the driveshaft. That plastic boot looks like it threads to the factory impeller, but doesnt join with this Solas cone thingy.

What the hell am I missing?

Thanks!

Either take off the factory boot thats on the drive shaft or take the green cone off

The Green cone replaces the rubber boot thats on the drive shaft
    ONE OF THEM HAS TO COME OFF BOTH OF THEM ARE NOT SUPOSE TO BE ON THERE AT THE SAME TIME.

Thanks a bunch!! It never even occured to me that i had to remove that from the driveshaft to use the solas cone!

I think I'm gonna use the Solas unit since it's now a solas impeller, unless you guys know that the OEM unit is a better seal (?).

Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Thanks a bunch!! It never even occured to me that i had to remove that from the driveshaft to use the solas cone!

I think I'm gonna use the Solas unit since it's now a solas impeller, unless you guys know that the OEM unit is a better seal (?).
    Use the solas but put some blue loctite on the threads. They tend to come loose and ride up the driveshaft..(both stock and solas cones)

Thanks for the extra tips....yeah, I have my blue locktite ready. i'm a firm believer in grease, locktite, antiseize, etc
    I'll be finishing the installation tonight and riding tomorrow. I cant wait to see what a difference a new wear ring and pitch will make.

***By the way, I removed the "shark teeth" vains from the black pump shoe and smoothed them out with a dremel and sandpaper. The shoe is somewhat "smooth", but not slick like the hull bottom.....is the shoe a part that we want to have really smooth and slick like the hull bottom, or is leaving it a tad scuffed up (from removing and sanding vains) okay?

I mean, we sand the bottom of the rideplate/hull after filling the holes, but Im a little undecided about the pump shoe area.

Thread Information