Newbie mechanic update

Started to do my own mods today. I am still in the removal process. Removed stock air intake, mounted regulator to front hantch hull door. Removed stock exhaust (but still need to get outlet ring off). removed steering nozzle. need to buy a deep socket to remove pump so I can replace wear ring and prop then instal wedge.
    Tried to remove S/C, having problems. torx socket wont work on one screw, it looks like it may have been stripped when the new engine was put in,

quitting time today! start over tomorrow

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wavehummer View Post
    Started to do my own mods today. I am still in the removal process. Removed stock air intake, mounted regulator to front hantch hull door. Removed stock exhaust (but still need to get outlet ring off). removed steering nozzle. need to buy a deep socket to remove pump so I can replace wear ring and prop then instal wedge.
    Tried to remove S/C, having problems. torx socket wont work on one screw, it looks like it may have been stripped when the new engine was put in,

Good luck with it all. Just make sure u dont stress take breaks!!!

maybe the mechanic who installed your SC had the wrong tool ...PR...

Go to SEARS & get a screw extracter kit. Been there done that...last week!!

ok not a bad day today, got the S/C removed (The hell with torx sockets, just used 1/4 " socket and box wrench) and packing it up to ship to Jerry. removed the pump and the stock wear ring (freezer method works great, just slid it right out). dropped some tools underneath engine. I pulled the magnet off the bowl that came with my wrench set, tied a string to it and under the engine it went, sucking up the tools

The pointed nose piece that has 3 allen screws holding it to pump? I removed the allen screws but cant get it off. any advice?

ok not a bad day today, got the S/C removed (The hell with torx sockets, just used 1/4 " socket and box wrench) and packing it up to ship to Jerry. removed the pump and the stock wear ring (freezer method works great, just slid it right out). dropped some tools underneath engine. I pulled the magnet off the bowl that came with my wrench set, tied a string to it and under the engine it went, sucking up the tools

The pointed nose piece that has 3 allen screws holding it to pump? I removed the allen screws but cant get it off. any advice?
    Consider buying regular SS bolts to replace the goofy S/C bolts you have now.
    The pump cone gets a vacuum effect going sometimes and it makes it difficult to remove. Just get a screwdriver and start prying a little at a time from different sides and it will pop off.

also tap it lightly from side to side will work it loose!...PR...

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    rubber mallet

Thread Information