Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Need help from 15F owners

Ran into a problem today on the 15F. I don't have time to expand right now but I need some help.

What color are your plugs after you have been running? My Iridiums are white.

Can I remove and install a pump without removing my rideplate?

Can someone please send me some pictures of their drive coupler and drive shaft?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
    Mike
    Last edited by 785xp; 05-12-2007 at 11:28 PM.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Yes you can remove the pump with out removing the ride plate,I have never dealt with iridium plugs, but plugs should be a tanish color, if they are white,IMO its either to hot of a plug our your ski is running lean.And ill post some pics this evening, any angle in particular?

+1
    I am really interested in the clearance between both couplers as well as the bearings at the hull. Also the distance between the hull and the coupler. I will check the plugs that I have know and post the model number. What would cause a 4 stroke ski with 69 hours to be running lean. I am a two stroke guy, this is all new to me.

Thanks.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Like I said I have no idea about the iridium plugs, maybe the burn hotter.

+1
    Anyone know what could cause the drive shaft coupler to be forced forward on the engine coupler? It doesn't make sense to me, but it looks like that is what happened.

+1
    Update. Pulled the pump and you won't believe what happened. The prop stayed on the drive shaft. I had to yank it off with a pair of gloves so I didn't cut my hands. So the impeller was forcing the coupler back to the engine. Now I can't get it to start. It doesn't seem to have any spark. It also seems to struggle to turn over. I haven't got a small adapter for a compression tester but that is my next move. Any other ideas?

+1
    mike, i think i have an adapter for the compression tester. i'll have it with me when i come by tuesday. just a guess (since i haven't seen the set-up on the kawis) but there is probably a bearing on the drive shaft that is seized. that would explain why it is having trouble turning over. the engine may also need to see a certain rpm before it initiates spark. like i said, just a guess....

we can look at it tuesday night quickly. so does this mean you aren't bringing it to norris?

+1
    It uses the smaller spark plugs. My compression tester is for the size plugs our Doo's use.

The pump is moving freely, but the first 5 threads on the shaft are chewed. I think water got in since the prop wasn't on tight. The pump is completely off and the engine is still having a hard time turning over.

Unless I get it running, it isn't going to Norris. I am going to try and get a pump from Riva tomorrow and have it shipped there. I figure it will be easier and probably cheaper than rebuilding the one I have. If we do get it going, I am going to need a pump for it.

Oh yeah, has only pulled a plug and put a flashlight down onto their piston? Mine is a brown color, I would say Rust color, but that is impossible since my oil looks fine.

+1
    i'm 99% sure i have that adapter for my compression tester.

i had a quick look at the microfiche for your ski. there is a bearing carrier on the drive shaft. if you pull the drive shaft away from the engine, does it turn freely? will the engine turn over better?

My friend didn`t tighten the prop enough and it went up right to the intake shoe along the drive shaft, intake shoe & the crankshaft was destroyed. He spent a lot of money...
    This happened while jumping in big waves, he had full throttle under landing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information