Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fat Boys Want To Go Fast Too

OK here is the deal, I want to go fast , but my question is, can fat people go fast on a ski. I have a 1999 Yamaha XL1200 limited with a few mods but need more speed. I have installed Jims ride plate, D plate, fresh air treatment, R&D intake grate, filled the pump shoe solas 12/18 and switched to premix. Just got back from the lake and I made a few GPS passes, best was 62.8 turing 2775 rpm's on a full take of gas (4 bars). Here is the kicker, I only weigh 390 lbs (No Kidding)......... I do have a stock head that was cut by JIM but it is not installed yet. What can I do for more speed except loose about 200 lbs. Any help?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarfool View Post
    OK here is the deal, I want to go fast , but my question is, can fat people go fast on a ski. I have a 1999 Yamaha XL1200 limited with a few mods but need more speed. I have installed Jims ride plate, D plate, fresh air treatment, R&D intake grate, filled the pump shoe solas 12/18 and switched to premix. Just got back from the lake and I made a few GPS passes, best was 62.8 turing 2775 rpm's on a full take of gas (4 bars). Here is the kicker, I only weigh 390 lbs (No Kidding)......... I do have a stock head that was cut by JIM but it is not installed yet. What can I do for more speed except loose about 200 lbs. Any help?
    The head will help alot, An advent or a key way will help. Rejet the carbs. with flame arrestors and vf3 reeds. All this stuff will wake up the hole shot and better top speed, And if you want even a little more you can switch to the 05 pump.

I have found that weight does'nt really scrub that much speed. I can ride by myself then have a friend jump on with me that weighs an additional 200 lbs and only loose about 2mph. With my wife on the back I normally only loose 1 mph. The ride however isnt near as pleasant with a passenger (annoying porpoise).

+1
    Weight doesn't seem to make that much difference on top speed. Acceleration is a little different story. One of my friends out weighs me by about 150 and there is very little if any change in top speed. He can actually ride better in the chop and move the boat around to his advantage.

+1
    I second the 2 mph thing. I weight 200 and a buddy weights 250. When he rides his 05 GPR, I can pull him on my 1200r and we stay neck and neck when I am on my Ultra 150.
    I recently lost about 55 lbs and I notice a slight difference on top end, but the accelaration is clearly different.
    Mod the hell out of that ski and do not worry about it.

I can drop you 100 pounds by the end of the year...just say the word.

+1
    the xl responds well to weight shifted as far to the rear as possible...might need longer arms.

+1
    "How big a boy are ya'?"

too big, lol

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ebarfool View Post
    too big, lol

i think he needs details... he somehow seems interested in meeting you, and not for modding ski's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information