Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Coolant Change for MSX 150

Hello guys,

The coolant is drained and now I cannot find the Polaris Enviro-friendly concentrate coolant. Dealers I've spoke with can order the 50/50 premix, but they cannot get the concentrate which is reccomended for PWC's in cold weather states.

I need the concentrate, pink non toxic coolant. My concern with the 50/50 is that if I use it, then what happens in the winter when I store the ski and something bursts? This is why I am looking for the concentrate so I can mix myself (60/40).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    George

+1
    we sell it. call us and we sill ship it to you.

+1

Cool

it's call dexcool(it's red not pink) any auto place BUT only use that don't mix with any other style coolent

later cd

Sounds good guys, thank you.

Jay, I found a dealer in the area that said he will look into it today for me, if no luck there, I will call your place and make an order.

Thanks again,

George

Hey Joey,

Why are you changing the coolent? You don't have 200 hours yet do you? If so I need to get ridding cause I only have 175.

Hows the MSX doing?

Lennie

Jug Inspector
    Is DexCool seriously the stuff you're supposed to use? OUCH... google it. Every mechanic I've ever known that buys a vehicle with that in there flushes it out with the plain old green stuff. DexCool eats gaskets.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=dexcool

That's just a search for DexCool, not "bad" or anything. First link.

Bryan

My buddy Jim Appleson would have known since he works on MSX 150's. you might even now him Joey.

dexcool is ok , it breaks down an turns blood red after 2 years an forms its on gunky **** in it , so change it every 2 years ,

an it would only eat gasket if you added sumthing with it an have a bag chem reaction an it will expand it

Hello guys,

I found a few things out about antifreeze in the last couple of days.

Most Polaris Dealers do not carry the non toxic antifreeze anymore.
    Jay (4strokepolaristech) does have some at this shop though.

I spoke with a dealer in Chatauqua Lake (NY) 3 Sea's Recreation, he said that they have been using the green non toxic antifreeze with no problems in the MSX 150's.

So I bought some non toxic (low tox) at West Marine. I mixed it 60/40 and tested it before I put it in. The tester read 10 degrees above zero. I called them and they did not have an answer for me I could not figure out why it had such a high freeze point. I took it back. Then i bought some at an auto parts store, same thing with that bottle. I finnaly figured it out that a regular tester is designed for Ethylene glycol (regular anitfreeze). If you want an accurate reading for non toxic you need a tester for Propylene glycol. I never knew that, maybe it is common knowledge but I spoke with people at two boat dealers and three auto parts stores and they did not know. I found out about it by looking it up on line.

Did anyone here know this?

LenneT, whats up buddy? Yes my ski has been good for me so far, 130 hours. The service manual says to change the coolant every four years and this is the fourth season so I decided to do it before the first ride. I late this year getting in the water.

4stroker, thanks for the advice, I do know Jim Appolson. I not a big fan of him. He is probably a good guy, but I did not care the few experiences I had at his place.

I did not consider the DexCool, I've read some things on line about it that I did not like.

I was told that bleeding the system would be a pain.
    I did not have a single problem, filled it with coolant, started her up on the flush kit so I could ckeck all my connections. I bought a new Odyssey 625 battery as well. Yesterday took her out for her first trip of the season.

God, I love this time of year .

Now I need to find a Propylene Glycol Antifreeze tester.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information