Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Question HI-TEMP lymp mode

I keep getting hi temp and causing the ski to go in limp mode during wide open runs. It only happens when running WOT for about 20 secs. I`m running S3 with stock cooler and 42`s. I am also losing r`s as now I`m down to 7900 with 2 bars spinning the 3 blade. Riva rear is still on. Is it possible that my wear ring is actually getting bad and not cooling the intercooler enough? My charger gets hot as hell. Never throws a code. I just stay in limp running till it cools. Is it also possible that the stock intercooler just can`t take the heat from the S3 and is popping the exhaust sensor?

+1
    i am running the same seteup and no issues...check your water lines i'd say....

Going through this right now on a 2001 rxdi, found the hose coming off the big fat black j-pipe to the water box was blown! Sensor is not a bad place to start James! If you were clogged, you would start seeing the melting effect!

+1
    Thats just it, I`m still running the Riva plastic exhaust. Nothing even distorted.

Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    Thats just it, I`m still running the Riva plastic exhaust. Nothing even distorted.
    I would think that if you were glogged that there would be distortion! Budds program? Determine if it is a sensor?

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    clogged IC?

+1
    James, on the black coupler from the J pipe to the waterbox. Check that the top clamp is not too low. If it's too low it will restrict water flow from the 3 pissers. Impeded water flow also reduces the amount of water flowing thru the IC which will cause lower than normal RPM's.

+1
    I am having the same problem ( still not fixed ) I removed the J pipe and made the holes one size larger and made sure the clamps were not in the way I am only using 2, after I did this is was very bad but I think it was because my intercooler had a leak and had alot of trash, I have a new one on the way. I will install the strainer before this one ever see`s the water

Hoss are you running a strainer?

+1

Talking

Ok, thanks guys,,this happenned after I re-installed motor. I have a strainer but haven`t installed mine. I install everyone else`s stuff before mine. I kinda just seems to always happen that way. I`ll try the clamps and enlarge holes one bit size.

+1
    You sure the cable going to the waterbox sensor isn't getting pulled too tight?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information