Occasional Hard Start MSX 110

Hi guys

First post over here -- I've had my hands full. My lake cabin burnt to the ground -- lucky the skis were unharmed...Oh well I will just have to build a new one. http://greenhulk.net/forums/images/s.../icon_razz.gif

Anyway good to be here and my question:

-I have a MSX110 with 25hrs that has ran great with one exception, during the day after setting and while warm I get a hard start. It just turns over and finally starts. If it's hot -- no problem and it may only happen once or twice a day. An Ideas?

BTW: I know this is not a Sea Doo thread and I don't want to start a standup vs others but I picked up one of those 3Ds for the kids and man is it a fun ski. Yes I know it's a poser stand-up but all three modes are a hoot.

-Greg

Lake Hartwell -- GA

i dk , every thing has a hard start if its not warm , but once that first cly gets fired , it should all spit up vroom vroom vroom

+1

have you tried

Have you change the battery. I had the same problem with my msx110 (95 hrs) and when the battery warmed up it would be hard to start. Finally it just would not start. Also have you changed the oil(every 25 hours). In the manual it said you don't have to fog the motor. It might be a good idea since you do not use the ski very often.

+1
    jg WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!!
    Bummer about your place.
    If nobody speaks up about your ride, WEBER now has a tech/parts line for their customers. I'll see if I can dig up the number.

Oh, and the 3D, I was farting around on one a few weeks ago, I had a blast in the cart mode.

+1
    does the engine just crank and will not light off? is you r battery in good shape? when the unit is running does it charge ok?

Jay

Two things come to mind coolant sensor throwing wrong temp or ppu acting up. when it is acting up disconnect the ppu located in the front by the storage bucket. IT is marked PPU. Break the zip tie and disconnect it. Tap it on the hull three times and reinstall it. Its a free test and easy to do. if that solves the issue Need to replace it Call Jay he will hook you up.

+1
    Could Also Be The Main Ifb In The Rear By The Ecu. Same Thing Tap 3 Times And Plug Back In And If It Works You Need A New One.

Thanks for the reply guys.

To answer your questions: The battery is brand new and I'm sure it's charging properly.

4Stroke: Yes it just turns over for 20-30 seconds and eventually will "stumble start". Just as an FYI I could drive it after that and I may start right up the rest of the day -- it always happens with it's warm and been sitting for 30-45 mins. Very weird.

Thanks in Advance.

G

+1
    I'm certainly no Weber guy but is it possible it's losing fuel pressure and it takes awhile for the pressure to make its way up and into the injectors?
    Maybe check the fuel pressure and see if it's extremely low when cranking then normal pressure when it starts.
    If so, maybe it'd be a pressure regulator, check valve or fuel pump?

Thread Information