Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
    +1

Introducing the 2017 line up of Yamaha Waverunners! The beast is back!!!!

This is the news I've been waiting to share with you guys for quite some time. I'm happy to announce that Yamaha has brought back the "GP" name with it's release of the new GP1800 SVHO powered Waverunner

I can tell you right away that I will be purchasing one of these new skis the minute they become available. YES! I'm that impressed, read on!!!

When you take such a small light weight hull and stuff in a high powered SVHO engine into it with big 160mm pump you end up with a "BEAST" of a ski. Yamaha hit the ball out of the park with this creation. The handling of this machine is pheonominal. The ski turns like a slot car and will turn as hard as you dare. With the SVHO powerplant this thing just rips out of turns. Designed for closed course racing and experienced high performance enthusiasts, this ski will not disappoint! It features a NanoXcel2 hull and deck and comes standard with Yamaha's RiDE system. Pro Racer and Yamaha Team rider Brian Baldwin was with me when riding these new skis. He's actually been racing this same hull with SVHO motor for quite some time and his ski goes 85 mph in closed course trim. Even at these speeds he explains the handling of the hull is incredible and predictable. His results out on the race course prove just that.

The best part is, this beast comes with a MSRP of only $13,999. No, that is not a misprint

For those unfamiliar with the Super Vortex High Output engine (SVHO), the SVHO engine features a high performance inctercooler, increased supercharger boost and air volume and a modified fuel injection system for increased flow.

At the back of the ski the SVHO engine is matched with a 160mm eight vane pump for maximum thrust volume and pump hookup. All this combined with the ultra lightweight NanoXcel 2 hull and deck, results in extraordinary power and thrust in an extremely lightweight packages. This ski delivers power to weight ratio not seen before on any personal watercraft.

It's no secret from "rumors" we all have read over the last few months on the internet that the new GP1800 shares the same race proven hull design featured on the Yamaha VXR. With it's defined hull strakes, soft bow chines, and race infused keep shape, this hull delivers excellent stability and precise responsiveness and predictability for a thrilling experience.

For those not familiar with the Yamaha RiDE advanced throttle control feature, I will explain. RiDE is the industry first dual handlebar throttle controls that deliver the utmost control moving forward or in reverse.

Squeeze the right handlebar lever to go forward. Squeeze the left lever for reverse. It couldn't be easier! At speed, the left handlebar leer will also slow you down. Release both right and left levers and the watercraft is in neutral. No shifting, no gears! The only thing to think about is how much fun it is to RiDE!

Not only am I blown away by the performance of the GP1800, you will be also, but I'm drawn to it's aesthetics and overall styling. It's a stunning ski! The look of the new GP1800 is a combination of symmetry, balance and sleek flow. There are no ribs or structural inconsistencies that show through the finished product. Yamaha uses a super high quality metallic pain that gives the GP1800 a striking look that no other can match, whether you choose the Red or Blue color scheme, you have a sure winner both in performance and appeal.

Here's a video I made of GPS speed overlay. In this video you can clearly see that the ski is speed limited to 69 mph. Those wanting to reflash the ECU to unlock the full potential of this ski can easily do so with the MaptunerX tuning bundle package which is currently on sale here in this forums online store
    https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...oducts_id=4250

We all know what the FZ and FX SVHO skis will do with just a simple ECU reflash that removes the speed limiter. I cannot wait to see what this little beast of a ski will do once tuned and some simple mods are installed. Rest assured, I will be posting full write ups here on the forum to document results as my GP1800 is tuned and mods are added.

Here are some pictures that I have personally taken of the new GP1800 skis

Here's some pictures supplied by Yamaha

+1
    The great news doesn't end with the GP1800. Yamaha has released a new entry level WaveRunner called the EX.

This ski was designed for buyers seeking an affordable entry to the sport of personal watercraft, but demand the durability, reliability and quality that Yamaha is known to deliver.

I personally loved this ski and found it lots of fun to throw around. It had plenty of power and the handling was excellent and predictable. I could actually go full throttle and throw it into a full turn and ride it through. I was very impressed with both the power and handling and overall quality of the ski. Top speed for me, I'm 250 pounds was a solid 50 mph as you can see in this GPS overlay video

Included in the EX Series are the EX, EX Sport and EX Deluxe. These models are shorter in length, lighter in weight and more affordable than any three person WaveRunner that Yamaha has offered in the past. However, the EX Series is manufactured with the same durable materials and high level of craftsmanship that Yamaha is renowed for. The result is a fun, exciting WaveRunner that families can enjoy for years.

The EX series skis are powered by Yamaha's TR-1 three cylinder marine engine that is 40 percent smaller in size, 20 percent lighter in weight and provides better fuel economy than Yamaha's previous four cylinder MR-1 engine. Feeding this engine is a 13 gallon fuel tank that is nearly double the capacity of competitive models in the Rec Lite category.

Under the waterline is an all new hull design that is manufactured to precise tolerances. This lightweight SMC hull delivers excellent stability for one, two or three up riding and towing, and precise responsiveness and predictability for thrilling one up riding.

The EX Deluxe includes Yamaha's RiDE sytem. Assembled in the United States with the same attention to detail and craftsmanship that Yamaha WaveRunners are renowned for, the EX Series delivers affordability and durability in a new and exciting way.

EX Sport Features:
    • Reverse
    • Rebounding Step
    • Mirrors
    • Advanced Graphics Package
    EX Deluxe Features:
    • Metallic Paint Colors
    • RiDE
    • Two Tone cut and sew seat
    • Reverse
    • Rebounding Step
    • Mirrors
    • Advanced Graphics Package

EX $6,599
    EX Sport $7,599
    EX Deluxe $8,599

+1
    So the big news is out! I hope you guys enjoy the new GP1800 and EX WaveRunners as much as I enjoyed riding them.

Yamaha offers the following returning models in exciting new colors.

FX Cruiser HO
    $13,699
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 FX Cruiser HO 1.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	360.3 KB 
ID:	396961   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 FX Cruiser HO 2.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	429.6 KB 
ID:	396962  

+1
    FX Cruiser SVHO
    $15,999

Name:	2017 FX Cruiser SVHO 1.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	396963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 FX Cruiser SVHO 2.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	377.0 KB 
ID:	396964  

+1
    FX Cruiser SVHO Limited
    $16,899

Name:	2017 FX Limited SVHO 1.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	321.1 KB 
ID:	396965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 FX Limited SVHO 2.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	390.6 KB 
ID:	396966  

+1
    FX SVHO
    $15,299

Name:	2017 FX SVHO 1.jpg 
Views:	601 
Size:	347.1 KB 
ID:	396967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 FX SVHO 2.jpg 
Views:	339 
Size:	332.3 KB 
ID:	396968  

+1
    VX
    $9,599

Name:	2017 VX 1.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	545.2 KB 
ID:	396969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 VX 2.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	521.6 KB 
ID:	396970  

+1
    VX CRUISER HO

$11,199

Name:	2017 VX Cruiser HO 1.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	490.2 KB 
ID:	396971   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 VX Cruiser HO 2.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	505.2 KB 
ID:	396972  

+1
    VX Deluxe
    $10,299

Name:	2017 VX Deluxe 1.jpg 
Views:	619 
Size:	442.2 KB 
ID:	396973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 VX Deluxe 2.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	224.7 KB 
ID:	396974  

+1
    VX Ltd
    $10,999

Name:	2017 VX Limited 1.jpg 
Views:	629 
Size:	306.8 KB 
ID:	396975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017 VX Limited 2.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	239.0 KB 
ID:	396976  

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information